Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LP1 coming up for sale

LP1 coming up for sale

Looking at the likelyhpod of selling my Steyr LP1 (PCP) as I have treated myself to a new pistol

Comes with 2 silver cylinders, both excellent condition and holding air (10 yr date is passed)

Pistol is in excellent undamaged condition, VERY consistent and accurate, totally original except for an adjustable LP10 trigger shoe, Large Steyr grip fitted (this is not the original) bottle adaptor, case and the now very rare LP1 barrel weight.

Great pistol that has served me very well, recently had new seals fitted although this was only a precautionary measure at the start of comp season.

What is a benchmark price on these now?
    Last edited by nige346; 24-07-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Looking at the likelyhpod of selling my Steyr LP1 (PCP) as I have treated myself to a new pistol

Comes with 2 silver cylinders, both excellent condition and holding air (10 yr date is passed)

Pistol is in excellent undamaged condition, VERY consistent and accurate, totally original except for an adjustable LP10 trigger shoe, Large grip, bottle adaptor, case and the now very rare LP1 barrel weight.

Great pistol that has served me very well, recently had new seals fitted although this was only a precautionary measure at the start of comp season.

What is a benchmark price on these now?
    Hi i will be watching with interest but i would guess it will be out of my price range , as my club wont fill out of date cylinders would need to purchase a in date one or get them re tested
    scott

Here's a thread from 3 years ago: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Air-Pistol-LP1

It'll be interesting to know the current market price for these pistols...

Yours will be the LP1P - the PCP version of the LP1 that was made as a CO2 pistol.

Many of the LP1 pistols were converted to PCP by their owners - a simple conversion with clear online video instruction on the Steyr site to show how to do it .

I am not sure about the availability of all of the LP1 spare parts any longer so this may account for the prices mentioned in the link shown above. I had to search around for some of the parts I needed for my LP1 when the usual factory source could not provide them.

The original LP1 and LP1P grips fit me much better than the later and current LP10 grips and un-modified ones are getting quite hard to find.

Quite a few of us (myself included) actually prefer the LP1P to the later LP10 model pistol and of course they are rapidly becoming a "collectable" match pistol as time continues to catch them up.

It is getting ever harder to find a mint (low milage) example of an LP1P - some pictures of yours would be appreciated !

The problem with out of date cylinders affect some owners more than others so the cost of replacing them will be allowed for in the price of the pistol by some potential new owners.
    Last edited by zooma; 24-07-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I have 2x 2010 cylinders as well so could sort something out, don't think you can retest the pistol cylinders though, not heard of a club refusing to refill pcp cylinders due to date though, bottles yes but in all the comps I've shot I have never had a problem using them

Nige

=snippy;6753367]Hi i will be watching with interest but i would guess it will be out of my price range , as my club wont fill out of date cylinders would need to purchase a in date one or get them re tested
    scott[/QUOTE]
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Yeh, I saw that thread a couple of years back, then tried buying a decent one, paid a lot more than that for it and would certainly not let mine loose for that sort of money, I'm not certain if I'm gonna sell yet, shot it tonight and won our club comp with it which don't make it any easier to let go of, lol, if I had a bad night it would have been so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Here's a thread from 3 years ago: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Air-Pistol-LP1

It'll be interesting to know the current market price for these pistols...
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Yeh, I saw that thread a couple of years back, then tried buying a decent one, paid a lot more than that for it and would certainly not let mine loose for that sort of money, I'm not certain if I'm gonna sell yet, shot it tonight and won our club comp with it which don't make it any easier to let go of, lol, if I had a bad night it would have been so much easier
    Spoke to the club tonight i can shoot with out of date cylinders but not allowed to fill them from the club bottle ( to do with there insurance) so would have to use my pump outside no big issue just a bit of a pain
    could you pm me with the price you where after please (as said its probaly out of my price range) but would be interested if the price was near my limit
    regards
    scott

I know what you mean Nige.

I do think though, in the hands of somebody like me, I could do a much better job of shooting really bad scores with it.

At present I am holding onto to it until I have got used to my new pistol and am certain it will be a move in the right direction, If this is the case I may then be able to part with it, never thought it was possible but I have actually got very attached to the old girl and not certain yet a younger model will sufficiently replace her,
    If anyone wants the wife though I'd be well up for giving a younger model a go
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

At present I am holding onto to it until I have got used to my new pistol and am certain it will be a move in the right direction, If this is the case I may then be able to part with it, never thought it was possible but I have actually got very attached to the old girl and not certain yet a younger model will sufficiently replace her,
    If anyone wants the wife though I'd be well up for giving a younger model a go
    my missus is a young 42 if you would be interested in a px with the pistol :-)

That sounds like an interesting deal. How about a ten year old FWB P34? Might your Mrs be interested?
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Apparently Ive gotta keep the missus as departure may be expensive

May know someone interested in a p34 if it's going though, got a lad at the club who's looking for a pistol to get started with

Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    That sounds like an interesting deal. How about a ten year old FWB P34? Might your Mrs be interested?
    Andy
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

In hindsight, I reckon a used FWB P34 is probably a lot let hassle than another female! My P34 is a cracking gun but will be staying firmly within the confines of my gun cupboard.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    In hindsight, I reckon a used FWB P34 is probably a lot let hassle than another female! My P34 is a cracking gun but will be staying firmly within the confines of my gun cupboard.
    Andy
    Used FWB P34 are difficult to get shut of. Took me ages to dump my last one.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Used FWB P34 are difficult to get shut of. Took me ages to dump my last one.
    I know you said it took ages for you to find somebody to pass it off with - but do you remember who you finally managed to dump it on ?
    Last edited by zooma; 03-08-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.