Thread: Hft scope rules?? Help required please,

Hft scope rules?? Help required please,

Hi, I'm trying to build up a complete all rounder of a gun, I'm only allowed one by the boss so it needs to fulfil all my requirements, and hft forms a small part of that requirement,
    I've just bought a march ffp scope , a 3-24x42 which is superb during the daytime but slightly dim compared to a larger objective version of the same scope in dull light and at dawn/dusk,, but the 42mm objective offers greater depth of field ideal for hft, March offer the 52mm objective version with something called a modifier disk, basically it's an attachment that screws to the objective bell reducing the apature from 52mm down to 42mm, this would be the absolute perfect solution for me if it's within the rules for hft, I could use the scope normally for bench rest comps. Bell target Hunting and plinking and attach the modifier disk for hft practice and comps, is there a rule that's going to spoil this option for me? I will only be shooting the odd round at tawd Vale as my wife works most Sundays and I look after our little lad so I'll never be competitive despite some decent scores

Illegal in HFT to add anything to your scope i'm afraid!

I use that scope and have no problems with light?..
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Trouble is I won't just be using it for hft. At full 24x mag the 42mm objective scopes image is not super bright , it's quite good but the 52mm version is much brighter, also at dusk, the bigger objective will let me eek out the last strays of twilight, but illegal is illegal so I guess it's out, has anybody managed to compare depth of field on the 52mm march, the 42mm version is exceptional for its objectives size, maybe the 52mm is good enough without the modifier disk

I know some people use the 50mm Hawke to good effect!
    In fact the former world champion did just that!..

Can't speak for the 50mm March though...i have the second focal and shoot on 10X very bright..
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Scope additions

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Illegal in HFT to add anything to your scope i'm afraid!

I use that scope and have no problems with light?..
    Surely you can add sunshades covers and eye pieces

Obviously...I was answering the Specific question that the op asked...

You cannot adjust your scope whilst shooting and you cannot alter the objective lens, that is the basics, for the full sp look on the UKAHFT website

Mike