Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2015 - Round 6 Results

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2015 - Round 6 Results

SEE POST 9 BEFORE READING THIS

Hi All

Delays in getting these results up today, but this time due to the need to strip and dry off a soggy FTP900 rather than the distraction of trimming my sister’s bushes

Yup, today’s weather was almost exactly as forecast – decidedly damp and with a very temperamental breeze to go with it for pretty much the whole shoot.

Great course set out by the Oakies – with lots of new lanes and target placements. I’m sure that Lewis will remember for a long time to come his doughnut on the lane (1) he set out

Badges for pretty much everyone today, in part down to the weather and a very reasonable top score of the day – Steve Light’s 56. Well done everyone – for sticking with it, and to it (if you count the gritty mud).

Here is the full set of results …..
    Name Club Class Score % Badge (T)eam
    Steve Light Horsham O 56 100.0% Gold T
    Mike Byford Oaks O 55 98.2% Gold T
    Rudy Goldslade Oaks O 55 98.2% Gold T
    Philip Jacobs Horsham O 55 98.2% Gold T
    Chris Roberts Oaks O 55 98.2% Gold T
    Sam Robinson Buxted O 54 96.4% Gold T
    Simon Whittick Horsham O 54 96.4% Gold T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks O 53 94.6% Gold T
    Simon Williams Oaks O 53 94.6% Gold T
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 52 92.9% Gold T
    Jon Fairman Oaks O 52 92.9% Gold
    Charles Peal Oaks O 52 92.9% Gold
    Paul Corbett Visitor O 51 91.1% Silver
    Steven Haworth Visitor O 51 91.1% Silver
    Andy Simpson Buxted O 51 91.1% Silver T
    Don Vickers Visitor O 51 91.1% Silver
    Terry Aiken Oaks O 50 89.3% Silver
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford R 50 89.3% Gold T
    Nigel Hammond Buxted O 50 89.3% Silver T
    Justin Rayner Buxted O 50 89.3% Silver T
    Stuart Tennent Visitor O 50 89.3% Silver
    Kim Lum Swallows O 49 87.5% Silver T
    Gary Morrison Buxted O 49 87.5% Silver T
    Mike Seagrave Visitor O 49 87.5% Silver
    Nick Byrne Visitor .22 48 85.7% Gold
    Richard Chase Ford O 48 85.7% Silver T
    Luke Davies Visitor O 48 85.7% Silver
    Aaron Friend Oaks O 48 85.7% Silver
    Jon Newton-May Buxted O 48 85.7% Silver
    Maciek Pajek Horsham O 48 85.7% Silver T
    Damion Walker Oaks O 48 85.7% Silver
    Derek Watson Horsham O 48 85.7% Silver T
    Spencer Bailey Buxted O 47 83.9% Silver
    Roger Dibbens Buxted O 46 82.1% Bronze
    Vince Guy Swallows O 46 82.1% Bronze T
    Kevin Hills Buxted O 46 82.1% Bronze
    Phil Moody Horsham O 46 82.1% Bronze
    Lewis Hodges Oaks O 45 80.4% Bronze
    Neil Parrett Visitor O 45 80.4% Bronze
    Justin Parrett Visitor O 45 80.4% Bronze
    Anthony Smith Horsham O 45 80.4% Bronze
    Bethan Whittick Horsham L 45 80.4% Silver
    Kevin Wickson Buxted O 45 80.4% Bronze
    Peter Epps Ford O 44 78.6% Bronze T
    Nigel Buchan Buxted O 43 76.8% Bronze
    Russell Inns Visitor O 43 76.8% Bronze
    Steb Martinez Ford O 43 76.8% Bronze T
    Sam Weston Buxted J 38 67.9% Bronze
    John Kirkwood Horsham O 37 66.1%

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you spot anything else you think is amiss.

Prize drawer winners today were :

• Bethan Whittick – the £25 cash prize, and
    • Phil Jacobs – the Air Arms goody bag

Team scores today and total cumulative points won under our new scheme are :
    Club Round 6 Total Points
    Oaks 271 71
    Horsham 261 64
    Buxted 254 63
    Swallows 242 53
    Ford 230 46
    Iden Fern 142 45

Additional cards had to be drawn on behalf of shortfalls in the minimum team players on behalf of Ford (1), Swallows (2) and Iden Fern (max 3).

As this year's SIHFT has now reached the point at which we've run the number of rounds needed to be in the mix for individual trophy awards, I will (probably later today) publish the full league table showing everyone's total so far.

Happy and safe shooting to you all ahead of the next SIHFT gathering for Round 7 at Ford in 2 weeks’ time on Sunday 9th August.

Edited to add a late apology to Rudy. Sorry young man - completely forgot to check for any new Platinum winners .... and you were this season's 2nd after successfully winning your 5th Gold of the year. Please don't forget to collect it at Ford.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 27-07-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: platinum for Rudy
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Thanks Oakies. A really good course which reflected a lot of hard work. Thoroughly soaked, but worth it!
    Great stuff!
    ATVB,
    Phil

Even though it properly poured down, I enjoyed that
    Sorry Jon, you did get gold!
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Many thanks to the Oakies crew for setting a great course today, you guy's have put in a lot of hard work, the weather may have been awful but at least it kept the Bee's away

Thanks to Vince from Swallows for the company, great laugh despite the weather.

Unlucky Roger Dibbens, sad to see your rifle go down, if it hadn't I think you'd been on for a top score, hope you get it sorted.

Great to see Samdroid back today

Excellent shooting Steve L.

Finally, thanks to Simmo for the lift, was much appreciated as always.

ATB
    No Hope

** Moved from my original post**

Thanks Mike! very effluent..i mean efficient as ever..!

Tough day that! S.A.M. i hate you.

Andy had a bad day...but a better evening i reckon! I so hated putting a Donut in that little box...

Well shot Steve (running man) and all the other winners!

Thanks Oakies! XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

well done Steve and all the other class winners,I thought 51 is a good day for Andy but there ya go , missed you all today but sounds like you got a good drenching so not too disapointed ,
    see y'all soon.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Samharveyoswald is offline Buxted County Freestyle Diving Champion
    Cheers oakies , nice course.
    Picked a great day to start shooting again didn't I !
    Was good to see everyone again , good banter as always especially from fatty byford.
    Cheers to Aaron for the company .
    Well shot Steve .
    C ya soon
    Sam
    Buxted Hobbit Army

Quote Originally Posted by Samharveyoswald View Post
    Cheers oakies , nice course.
    Picked a great day to start shooting again didn't I !
    Was good to see everyone again , good banter as always especially from fatty byford.
    Cheers to Aaron for the company .
    Well shot Steve .
    C ya soon
    Sam
    And people tell me my problem is lack of practice, you bugger off for a year, come back in shit conditions and slam it.

Thanks for that

Bloody talent, I hate it

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Extreme honesty means results update ..... This evening

Hi All (again)

In a moment of high Britishness, yesterday's outright winner (Steve L) has confirmed that the score recorded on his card was incorrect. Should have been 55 rather than 56.

I will rerun the spreadsheet and results thread this evening, together with the overall results after Round 6.

This WILL result in some of you being able to upgrade the Silver or Bronze badges awarded yesterday for Gold or Silver The changes will be flagged in the new post.

Biggles

REVISED RESULTS NOW POSTED HERE
    Last edited by biggles; 27-07-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I know of 3 members of Meon Valley A.C. who will be very happy to hear that news

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi All (again)

In a moment of high Britishness, yesterday's outright winner (Steve L) has confirmed that the score recorded on his card was incorrect. Should have been 55 rather than 56.

I will rerun the spreadsheet and results thread this evening, together with the overall results after Round 6.

This WILL result in some of you being able to upgrade the Silver or Bronze badges awarded yesterday for Gold or Silver The changes will be flagged in the new post.

Biggles
    Wow that's brilliant news... Well for us 3 Meon members any way how do we go about returning our silver's and swapping for a gold please

Thanks guys for having us along again, another very very enjoyable day even with all the wind and rain. We look forward to the next round.

Thank you, Mile Oak!

Despite the weather, everyone from Meon Valley really enjoyed their first visit to Mile Oak and the course that had been set out; we know that courses such as that don't "just happen" - that one took a lot of hard work, thought and planning and it was appreciated by us all.

The only "downer" is that the next SIHFT round at Ford clashes with one of Meon Valley's big open shoots (we organised our Club's calendar and our Open Shoots in the Autumn of last year, long before any of us had discovered the "joy of SIHFT" - not a mistake we will be making in the future, though!), so apologies in advance for what will be a very modest turnout from Meon Valley at Ford on August 9th, but I'm sure you will understand that we need to support one of our "big home matches"

Rest assured though, you don't get rid of us easily and we'll be back in force for Round 8 at Horsham on August 30th

Once again, big thanks to Mile Oak and all involved with making the SIHFT Series what it is - namely, bloody excellent!

Sweeet! Ha!

I remember Steve questioning whether his score was correct on the day!
    Problem is, in rain like that, you try not to 'open the box' anymore than you have to and it's easy to slip up!

It's easy for me if i'm shooting with Andy cos before we go out, i just put a few 2's in with a LOT of 1's and the odd doughnut (if i haven't eaten it...)

What a great write up from the Meon lads! thankyou very much, i know everybody will appreciate that immensely!

Thanks for the 100% Steve!! Ha!

Spongey X
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!