Thread: Steyr lp5 pcp pistol

Steyr lp5 pcp pistol

Hi guys. I would like to know about the lp5 multi shot pcp shot count accuracy power etc. I've seen then sell for around the £500+. Any advice would be great.

Anyone has one of these that can tell me more...

Regards

Buy lots of pellets!
    I had an LP5 PCP (the LP5 was originally sold as CO2) sold it and now have an LP50. I think the semi auto mechanism is the same. The cylinders of the LP5 don't have an air gauge. They may have a pin that pushes out when full. My LP50 gets about 100 shots pushing 7gr pellets at 500fps. Also the LP50 added some barrel vents to reduce muzzle flip. They're both as accurate as most other high end match pistols--10 shot groups that are a single small hole at 10m. Krale in the Netherlands sells the 5 shot magazines. The Steyr multishot is probably the best (most reliable) multishot match pistol available.

It is a super fun pistol. The trigger of the LP5/50 isn't as good as the LP10. It isn't as adjustable and has some creep. But its still quite nice--predictable/consistent.

As long as its a non-converted, original, pcp LP5 I'd say buy it.
    I have a converted one. Shotcount is limited. Maybe 100 shots? 80? Cant remember exactly, but wáy less than other 7.5J match pistols.
    The converted one's dó have cilinders with gauges though.
    ATB,
    yana

Steyr LP5

Quote Originally Posted by ags2k View Post
    Hi guys. I would like to know about the lp5 multi shot pcp shot count accuracy power etc. I've seen then sell for around the £500+. Any advice would be great.

Anyone has one of these that can tell me more...

Regards
    Hi

I had one of these pistols and found it brought back the fun factor into shooting. They are reliable and needless to say are accurate way beyond the ability of the avarage shot. They also hold their value extremely well, so make sure you get a good one and if you ever sell it you will lose little money.

Ian

Lp5

Very accurate, used at 10m and 25m in competitions.

Unmodified, Velocity is UK legal.

If converted by Steyr UK, conversion from CO2 is fine.

Standard Steyr length cylinders are good for 80 shots, the shorter cylinders (e.g. from LP2 compact) are good for 50-60 shots.

Indeed, they hold their value well.

I have LP50 short so will sell my LP5 (standard length) once it returns from service.