Thread: Scottish Law and New Cert

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sleeprunner is offline Honorary Member Fat Gits Running Club
    The whole process is going to be nigh on impossible to implement and manage due to the volume of applications and police resources.

I have been shooting air rifles for years - I am a member of a small bore club shooting indoors and have a seven gun cabinet etc so for me it was an easy upgrade to FAC and now have slots for 22lr bolt action, 22lr Semi auto and an FAC .22 air rifle - all for target shooting. I will still keep and shoot my sub 12 rifles as well. What I will need to do next year come the implementation is yet to be known but as far as I know my FAC will cover me for all the sub 12,s until it's time to renew - by that time I may be living in England anyway - that's our plan - nothing to do with shooting - just the crap weather up here lol

On another note my wife is a serving police officer of 23 years and in all her time in the job has never had to deal with an airgun incident - says it all really.

In talking to a few FEO's they all say there workload has increased due to the volume of FAC applicants and they also acknowledge - off the record of course - that the new airgun scheme up here will be problematic and nigh on impossible for the police to manage.

The whole thing is a mess and totally unnessary and all down to the SNP and that imbecile of a Justice secretary who has now gone but his legacy remains.

I despise the SNP for what they have done to this country and will never live in an independent Scotland

Rant over!!
    Good Deals with - scottyoungsheep, $harp$hooter, the wizard, Swat Strachan, krazy_horse, munchman, CRX, beagle2, flowergil1, Bigwull, Skan, jbb, Bigshot, Aardys, Nickbloggs, pennineway.fswo, batfink, Dfor, eredel, neil1972, alan-aitch, chip, Fagan

\\\hi sleeprunner
    You seem to have lost the reason to dislike the snp, its the people of this land that make the snp what they are today. I too want to leave this mad people and live in a better land.
    Atb
    cheers, Mike