Thread: Hw50s (.22)

Hw50s (.22)

Well, the temptation was too much and I ordered a HW50S from Germany last Tuesday afternoon. It arrived at lunchtime today - very well packaged.

Very pleased with the whole process. I had a bit of trouble setting up an account with them but I think that was at my end. Once set up and the order made, everything went through very smoothly.

I ordered their small kit version which comes with a UK spring, tin of pellets and some targets - all for just 2 euros more than the base price of the rifle. So, not too bad.

I haven't swapped in the 16J spring yet as I am enjoying it with the German spec spring at the moment.

Very easy to cock, although it was a bit of an effort to break the barrel initially for the first few shots, but it's beginning to loosen up a bit now. Light recoil and good groupings straight off. Well pleased.

I know there are some detractors of this model but the example I have received today is a very nice piece.

I got it with Fiber Optic sights for a change and again, happy with that choice.

So, I will play along with it as it is for a bit before opening it up to swap in the bigger spring.

Just as an aside, I went into a local RFD 2 weeks ago (one week before I ordered from Germany) and asked him for a price on a HW99S with Fiber Optic sights and also asked him if he could source me some pellets for my TX in 177. He said he would let me know the following day and wrote my contact details and my requests in his book. I still haven't heard from him and I doubt I ever will, although I hope I do.

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of a very handsome HW50S.

Well done matey, excellent rifles

Quote Originally Posted by jm5* View Post

I know there are some detractors of this model.....

Anyway, I am now the proud owner of a very handsome HW50S.
    Ignore the detractors ; they're wrong!

And I'll bet you'll actually come across more people these days that love 'em to bits, including many very knowledgeable people who own more "top-end" stuff and who are stunned as to the refined manners and accuracy of this super little rifle.

Be proud, be very proud!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ignore the detractors ; they're wrong!

And I'll bet you'll actually come across more people these days that love 'em to bits, including many very knowledgeable people who own more "top-end" stuff and who are stunned as to the refined manners and accuracy of this super little rifle.

Be proud, be very proud!
    Is the correct answer.....

Fine rifles. I have the HW50S with factory screw on silencer. It's 177 and at 10.9fpe sweet as a nut. In fact its as accurate as my Tx200HC mk3 but not so hold sensitive, which is quite annoying lol
    "Walk softly, but carry a big stick"

Can anybody inform me as to where I can get some fibre optic sights from to fit a Weihrauch, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Can anybody inform me as to where I can get some fibre optic sights from to fit a Weihrauch, thanks.
    Chambers
    Sportwaffen Schneider
    Your local gunshop
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Chambers
    Sportwaffen Schneider
    Your local gunshop

Local gun shop, not a chance Located on Chambers site, thanks.

I have the 50s in .22 which I bought recently from Holland.

If only your UK dealer had bothered to ring you back or tried to compete with the European dealers?

What a super little rifle!

When you fit the 16j spring, be prepared to give the rifle a re-lube and a fettle and if it's anything like my one was; I had to cut a few coils off the spring to keep it under 12 ft/lb. (I fitted a TinBum kit, a delrin piston liner & polished the piston). The recoil is great and it just makes a gentle 'thump' noise. Straight out the box it was a bit twangy & crashy.

Mine likes RWS superdomes or Crosman Ultra Magnums, both of which can be obtained really cheaply.

I have a hawke 2-7x32 AO IR scope on mine to keep the weight down.

Much less muzzle flip etc than my HW95k.

I hope you enjoy your new 99/50s

Ouch!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177