Thread: Webley senior barrel catch

Webley senior barrel catch

It's probably a long shot, but does anyone here in the Gentleman's section have an idea where I could find one of these items ?
    I've had a quick look on the usual spares sites but no luck unfortunately. I'm guessing it's the earlier version I'm after as the serial number on the pistol is 320. It's not my gun but I was asked if I could help find the part by the owner.
    Condition is not too important and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nick.
    Rust never sleeps !

I'm guessing the number '320' is just a batch number, and gives no indication as to the date of manufacture, All pre war Seniors had 'S' as a prefix to the serial number which is stamped on the left side of the cylinder to the front of the grip.

Ah, thanks, I'll have a look on the side and get the proper number.
    Rust never sleeps !

If it just has a batch number, there won't be another number on the side, but possibly a longer batch number under the left grip. Only pre war models had a serial number.

I've had a look at a couple of pics of the pistol and I'm guessing it's post war as it has what looks to be bakerlite grips. They're two tone mottled brown.
    When I get chance I'll see if there's a number under them
    I'm starting to think that any spares may be a bit thin on the ground these days but I'll keep looking.
    Rust never sleeps !

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    I've had a look at a couple of pics of the pistol and I'm guessing it's post war as it has what looks to be bakerlite grips. They're two tone mottled brown.
    When I get chance I'll see if there's a number under them
    I'm starting to think that any spares may be a bit thin on the ground these days but I'll keep looking.
    If the brown Bakelite grips have 'Webley' moulded into the top, it is normally a post war pistol.
    If there is a longer number under the grip, it will only be an extension of the numbers on the front and no use at all in dating it.
    Original spares for the Senior are available, but not normally inexpensive.