Thread: HW 45 problem

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

HW 45 problem

OK, I dismantled my 45, fitted new spring and piston seal . Piston was very very tight, managed to relieve that to make it slide better. Assemble it and the disconnect lever gets jammed down. The gun compresses the spring ok but wont cock. I have had the blessed thing apart so many times I am getting a little tits off with it. anyone got any ideas or , better still, know a decent airgun mechanic who knows about these blinking things. I have got to the point where I would rather pay someone to fix it than take it apart myself. I want to shoot it not mess about with it lol.
    Obviously some where along the line while it had the cylinder removed something went out of sync. goodness knows what. Looked inside at the sears etc, black magic in there.

Not too sure what you mean by " disconnect" lever. ???

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Not too sure what you mean by " disconnect" lever. ???
    Sorry disconnect is a left over from the days when I used to shoot real steel .45
    The interrupter, it is the thing that when you pull back the hammer pops the barrel up for loading, part number sf057 safety rod as listed on Chambers web site diagram.
    Thanks for asking
    Alan

If that is the rod that passes down into the handle with a small hole at one end to take a paper clip when dismantling gun, and if so is it now protruding below and through the strengthening brace in the handle moulding..!

After just having my hw45 apart I have a good idea what the problem is . . . . The last comment was right its the rod that goes into the handle that's causing the problem ( my paper clip fell out during tuning and I had to take the pistol apart again to fix it. And think it can be a tricky fix too but if you stick at it you will fix it no problem. If not I could take a look if needed