Thread: Dan Wesson Revolver

Dan Wesson Revolver

Hi peeps thinking of getting a Co2 revolver pellet version are these any good ? they do look the biz . I know the Smith and Wesson revolver gets good reviews but the cylinder does not rotate like the real thing the Dan does , and the Smith is much more expensive . I do like to shoot accurately if poss is the Smith worth the extra or is the Dan good ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

I have 3 Dan Wessons, an 8" BB, a 2.5" BB and a 2.5" Pellet. I think all 3 are excellent and I am thinking of getting an 8" or 6" pellet version.

Some people have seen quality issues with them but my 8" is from the first batch and hasn't skipped a beat, the 2.5"BB is from the initial release with that version and again has been fine. The 2.5" Pellet is the best of the 3 and is capable of shooting nice tight groups if you do your part.

The only problem with the pellet firing versions are the shells, they can take a while to reload as you have to screw the heads on. Apart from that they are great (I have 30 of them now and load them up before going out). Replacement shells initially seem expensive but they are very well made and I think good value compared to most machined brass items of a similar size. The longer brass shell and sharper angle head also makes the speed loaders a little fussy to use, but I just bought a couple of MTM plastic cases for .38 calibre shells and load from that.

For the money I think they are excellent, others might disagree.
    Last edited by blooregard; 29-07-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

hi mike ,so this is the reason for the day out,when the older ones shot on a Saturday in tonys there are about four who have these in differing lengths, I like the snubby pellet version the best but it is time consuming to reload,but look the dogs dodahsbest spend the cash in Les and Rita,s have a look at mcavoys S/H section
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

I've got the four inch bb version and the eight inch pellet version. The bb shooter isn't worth looking at for accuracy in my opinion, but the pellet version has given me some very nice little groups once I got used to it.

Double action is hard work, as the trigger pull has to revolve a whole cylinder full of brass cartridges against a spring loaded forcing cone, so don't expect it to be light. Single action is a bit heavier than the S&W I also own, but perfectly manageable.

Depends what sort of shooting you want to do, bb is fine for tin cans, pellet is accurate enough for target shooting.

The only downside is that SOME DWs seem to have weak internals that fail, but I've not seen any evidence of that in mine. Personally, I like loading the cartridges into the cylinder on the DW - takes me right back to the good old days...

Bonedome.

Hi mate, Bonedome has covered most of it..

I would add though, personally i think the colt peacemaker or even the webley MKVI are much better revolvers all-round, so have a look at those as well.

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I bought the Dan 8" pellet a while back. I was initially a bit disappointed as I kept getting misfires. These cleared up when I took some advice on pellets from here (CO2 Target & Geckos were recommended) & took more care seating them in the cartridges.
    Been fine ever since. I don't bother with the speedloader. It is a bit of a fiddle loading the pellets into the cartridges every 6 shots, & I'll def. be buying some more. Think they're circa £20 for 6.

HTH

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Handled one today, very nice looking indeed, but what put me off was ...... Made in Taiwan

Don't know what the internals are made off and with my Skif 3000 having exploded like a grenade upon pearling a capsule (internals looked like cheap monkey metal) I went for the German made S&W 586

In fact just got home with it.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4