Thread: webley raider help please

webley raider help please

Advise please.
    I've got my first PCP, a 2 shot raider.
    I was told it was leaking audibly when filled, so I ordered a seal kit off (281280915036) and gave the gun a good clean up whilst installing. I did notice that some of the orings looked to be a different cross sectional diameter, anyway, I installed them and had a few left over, I assume these are for the different guns?
    I picked up a bottle whip,gauge, and probe. Got it charged up, firing, brilliant - only thing is next day it's flat. It's also making a kind of burping noise when fired.
    I sprayed all externally visible leak points with leak detection fluid (I'm a gasman) - nothing, I'm thinking it's got to be on the fill valve or the hammer valve. The orings on these were definitely suspect of being the incorrect size, but they did crush when installed, but was it enough?
    Donald

Try putting a balloon over the end of the barrel if it fills then it's leaking past the valve and threw the transfer port ----also try leaving the gun cocked with the bolt closed to see if it is the hammer putting pressure on the valve has this got a on board gauge? check this

zakd, I've got a balloon over it as we speak, been on for over an hour and nothing. Doesn't mean to say the valve isn't leaking, the transfer port could be leaking too!
    I don't think it's the hammer on the valve. The valve spring us way stiffer than the hammer spring and it's difficult to open the valve by hand - I've got a peice of fibreglass ride I can slip down onto the hammer to depressurize the tube. It takes a bit of a knick with a light hammer to vent any air.
    Donald

I too have a 2 shot raider, to see if the valve is leaking air into the barrel, you'll need to close and lock the bolt to seal off the rear end of the barrel.

for testing filler valve, fill rifle, remove filler probe and re-insert it, leave for a while, then slowly pull it out and see if air escapes
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

found the leak - retaining bolts at the fill valve end - the new orings in the kit I bought from a1tackle on fleabay are looking more suspect now. thy definitely had a smaller cross sectional area, but I fitted them anyway. Ill strip it and refit the old ones tomorrow. Ive mailed the egay seller and he wants to send me more seals. Ive used the ones originally supplied, and I paid nearly 13 quid for them, I want to ask for my money back but I dont want to look like a scammer. I guess Ill take out the suspect orings tomorrow and photgraph them. see if he'll give me a refund then.
    Donald