Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan springers

Hatsan springers

Hello again guys , been to the shop this morning to have some hands on with the mod 60s , ended up having ago with the 900x aswell , I sceemed to suit the 900 x A lot more not to mention its a tenner cheaper than the 60s ol ....I know the main thing is the trigger between the two however I found them both quit suitable for me .

I guess the point is I'm told the 900 is a revamped version of the stricken ..witch Iv owned before and had a bad experience with it . I am willing to let that go if someone's had some good experience with the 900x

So any info realy would be great thanks in advance.

Not seen one yet, but people are saying good things - anyway, if you've tried one and like it, there's your answer...

I loved it mate , very light a little twangy but I supose all cheap springers are , something to work on I supose

Plenty you can do to reduce the boiiiing...

secretagentmole Guest
    I have a 900 no problems with it so far and it has had more than 1 squirrel...

Although I have no first hand experience of either (although I did own a Webley Stingray II a few years ago), the Quattro trigger will, by the sounds of it, be in a different league to the 900 item. And having a good trigger on any gun, but especially a springer, will aid group sizes tremendously, due to the light "hold" required for proper springer technique. A heavy, creepy trigger will work against you ultimately, unless you're just into fun plinking.

For the extra tenner I know where my money would be going.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Personally for the sake of a tenner I'd go for the 60s especially if you intend keeping it but if you've handled the 900x and you like it buy it.It may also be slightly easier to strip because of the simpler trigger.

secretagentmole Guest
    The Quattro is the better trigger, but the 60 is a much bigger and heavier feeling gun! The 900 is light and pointable, you can easily follow a squirrel with one and then drop it when it stops!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    The Quattro is the better trigger, but the 60 is a much bigger and heavier feeling gun! The 900 is light and pointable, you can easily follow a squirrel with one and then drop it when it stops!
    Ooooh, you're just trying to tempt me now.......

They do sound pretty good (especially for the money) and I was getting close to getting to have a look at one the other week until the mint condition little CZ 634 came my way at a bargain £70!

The little 900's not out of the running yet, though.

Can the triggers be easily improved / Welsh Willy trigger kit etc?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Can the triggers be easily improved / Welsh Willy trigger kit etc?
    Apparently the Welsh Willy kit is a big improvement but I've also read somewhere I think that it can be improved by a slightly longer adjusting screw.

Thanks guys ik be going up this morning to pick one up ...il be happy with either just want to get shooting again aha , thanks again for the advise

Well just got back from testing the new gun , I ended up with the 900 x

Realy impressed not had chance to stick a scope on yet , but it's grouping well at about 18yards with the open sights on a paper with a 2p sized black dot , getting on quite well with it and I like the trigger witch is a good job ! So yeah il use it for a few week and report back after a tin of pellets or so

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick 2 View Post
    Apparently the Welsh Willy kit is a big improvement but I've also read somewhere I think that it can be improved by a slightly longer adjusting screw.
    M6 8mm I believe is what is required to make it better!

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh95 View Post
    Well just got back from testing the new gun , I ended up with the 900 x

Realy impressed not had chance to stick a scope on yet , but it's grouping well at about 18yards with the open sights on a paper with a 2p sized black dot , getting on quite well with it and I like the trigger witch is a good job ! So yeah il use it for a few week and report back after a tin of pellets or so
    You like the trigger?

Hey he got the good one!

Yeah it doesn't sceem to bad ....I supose I'm no proffetional but it's better than some Iv had , I'd like it a tiny bit lighter but it's okay I supose ....I'm sure il ad a 60s to the collection at some point !