Thread: Bsa lincoln jeffiers

Bsa lincoln jeffiers

Hi All, I have a 1908 BSA LINCOLN JEFFIERS, which is in good condition, it still works, picture in Air Rifles by D.E.Hiller on page 5. any Idea what it is worth now, price then £30-£60. Harleybob

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleybob View Post
    Hi All, I have a 1908 BSA LINCOLN JEFFIERS, which is in good condition, it still works, picture in Air Rifles by D.E.Hiller on page 5. any Idea what it is worth now, price then £30-£60. Harleybob
    Hi Bob........Depends on condition so could be £50 - £350+!, so good clear photos of all parts, serial number etc. would help, and it might be better to move this to collectables.

ARB, ED

BSA Lincoln Jefferies

Hi All, the number 16512 hope that helps, not yet allowed to put in photos. Harleybob

You'll need to host pics offsite on photobucket or similar.

And what Ed said on value. Condition is everything.

The serial makes it a Standard Pattern Improved Model B, made between June and November 1907. I think.

Hi All, the number 16512 hope that helps, not yet allowed to put in photos. Harleybob

Might be an Imp Mod 'B' Bob, from my limited BSA knowledge, can you read the stamping on the cylinder???

edbear2 Guest
    As Geezer and Pete say, the serial number is bang in a batch of Improved model B guns, which if it is one, add value to collectors as they are a not so common variant...Does it look like this, with the same writing on the top? ;

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...rial+no.+17741

If you mooch around the BSA site and compare yours, It may be easier to work out exactly what yours is.

ATB, ED

BSA Lincoln Jefferies

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    As Geezer and Pete say, the serial number is bang in a batch of Improved model B guns, which if it is one, add value to collectors as they are a not so common variant...Does it look like this, with the same writing on the top? ;

http://www.network54.com/Forum/67044...rial+no.+17741

If you mooch around the BSA site and compare yours, It may be easier to work out exactly what yours is.

ATB, ED
    Hi edbear, Thank you for your reply, yes my rifle is the same as the one in the picture, so it is an improved model B. Regards Harleybob

Hi edbear, Thank you for your reply, yes my rifle is the same as the one in the picture, so it is an improved model B. Regards Harleybob
    If you look at the 5th photo in Ed's link, you will see the words Model 'B', if yours has the same, then yes.

For information only - What (ftlb) energy would a rifle like this produce?

Regards ......

.....Titan
    Ego didici ex doctrina

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    For information only - What (ftlb) energy would a rifle like this produce?

Regards ......

.....Titan
    See here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    See here.
    Thank you!

....Titan
    Ego didici ex doctrina