Thread: Pushed into the corner, like an aged distant relative.

Pushed into the corner, like an aged distant relative.

When you look at the BBS main page, the various boards are listed beginning with General Airgun, then Arguments, then Rimfire/Centrefire/Shotguns, then Reloading, Firearms reviews, Airgun Reviews, Optics Reviews, then a separate sub group for Black Powder, then Night Vision... and only then do we Collectors appear. Exiled to the far end of the forum. Only Target Shooting gets a worse seat than us. Or should we be grateful that we're near Sales, so that we only have to move the mouse 5cm to catch that bargain Relum?

Yes, it's the summer holidays and I am at a loose end

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    When you look at the BBS main page, the various boards are listed beginning with General Airgun, then Arguments, then Rimfire/Centrefire/Shotguns, then Reloading, Firearms reviews, Airgun Reviews, Optics Reviews, then a separate sub group for Black Powder, then Night Vision... and only then do we Collectors appear. Exiled to the far end of the forum. Only Target Shooting gets a worse seat than us. Or should we be grateful that we're near Sales, so that we only have to move the mouse 5cm to catch that bargain Relum?

Matt
    Could be much worse Matt - we could be a sub-group of General, like Air Pistols are. At least we have a home page billing!

Now go and oil all your FWBs - much more useful.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post

Matt
    I was so enjoying that post until you mentioned 'Relum'.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

No problem at all ... just saving the best until last; well, almost last.
    I do love this section ... no heated arguments or tantrums just reasoned debate and information exchange between gentlemen. As it should be. Not that the other sections are not interesting and full of useful information (says he, who has gleaned much info from 'General'); just that you never know when a thread is going to explode 'over there'. Mind you, it can be fun to follow ......
    Cheers, Phil

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    No problem at all ... just saving the best until last; well, almost last.
    I do love this section ... no heated arguments or tantrums just reasoned debate and information exchange between gentlemen. As it should be. Not that the other sections are not interesting and full of useful information (says he, who has gleaned much info from 'General'); just that you never know when a thread is going to explode 'over there'. Mind you, it can be fun to follow ......
    Cheers, Phil
    That and 'modern' guns are crap!
    I mean - PCPs - Yuk!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    I mean - PCPs - Yuk!
    ASM
    They got my mate out of his house after a very bad time, he has not the strength to cock a springer, introduced him to the "crap" PCPs and he's started enjoying life again.
    I'm an Airsporter man but got to admit down at the Hollow with the rest of the Boingers, after a few hours with the under-lever the PCP is a welcome break for the right arm

Cheers

Chippendale (with clothes on)

I mean - PCPs - Yuk!
    ASM
    How can you say all PCPs are crap. Take a look at the GC2. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=32 Almost hand built, blueing (blacking) deep enough to swim in and that trigger .
    'Classics' dont have to have leaking taps and naff triggers.

[Lets prove Phil wrong about heated arguments. ]

ATB
    (bored) Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have to admit that the GC2 falls somewhere in between in my own opinion. Having used both of the guns Ian has illustrated, they still remain as accurate as ever and are a joy to shoot still. A definite modern classic and game changing gun. Plus a work of engineering art!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Must say I miss the knitting section.....

Ha ha - I thought I would get more 'bites' than that!

PCPs are awesome things in their own right and will outshoot any old springer most days of the week - I know that.
    They don't appeal to me personally and never will but I will be the first to say they are incredibly accurate in the right hands, also, you don't have the cocking effort.
    I know all the advantages of them, however, for me, they will never outweigh the disadvantages.
    Just being a devil! - each to their own, that's what I always say!
    Am I forgiven?

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Am I forgiven?

ASM
    Pwetty pwease?

Please note - All hate mail should be directed to the Prime Ministers Office, (no need to say what it's about - just send the hate! )

ASM

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Ha ha - I thought I would get more 'bites' than that!

PCPs are awesome things in their own right and will outshoot any old springer most days of the week - I know that.
    They don't appeal to me personally and never will but I will be the first to say they are incredibly accurate in the right hands, also, you don't have the cocking effort.
    I know all the advantages of them, however, for me, they will never outweigh the disadvantages.
    Just being a devil! - each to their own, that's what I always say!
    Am I forgiven?

ASM
    Yes
    Chippendale (with clothes on)