Thread: Long sight problem

Long sight problem

Hi, been shooting air rifle with a scope for a while without probs.

Thinking about adding an air pistol for plinking/target shooting in the back garden.

Looked at a few alternatives in the local RFD & realised my long sight (due to advancing years) is a problem seeing the sights clearly.

I wear varifocals which means I have to tilt my head right back to focus on the sights OK but then the target is too fuzzy.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue so how do you folks with the same problem overcome it? Or do I just stick with the rifle?

Rgds, Rob

Make sure you buy a proper Pistol scope that has 20 inch or better 'long eye relief'.
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

I have a friend with a similar condition, using a red dot worked well for him as you tend to look through the sight rather than at them.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

http://www.eyepalusa.com/
    I'm not sure if this would help or not. You can make your own with a piece of insulating tape on your glasses to try. It definitely helps with shooting open sights on pistols and rifles fir short sight. I wear contact lenses to correct -1.5 in both eyes and found that using my.home made eyepal brought both sights and the target into focus all at the same time.
    Worth a shot
    Donald

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    As it's the cheapest option I think I'll try first with some 1.5 mag reading specs which will allow me to focus on the foresight & hopefully not make the rear sight & target too fuzzy.
    If that's no good then a red dot or scope will be next.

Rgds, Rob