Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bullet Heads.........arrrgh!

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Er, it's not wrong, at least not in the real world. In fact, it is less ambiguous than simply 'bullet' - which we've established can mean different things to different people. Big retailers use the term 'bullet head' as it is less confusing, so how can it be 'wrong'?
    "Bullet" only means different things to different people because they don't know any better, and that's fine, but once you know the proper term it makes perfect sense to use it instead of the improper word. Perhaps we should all still say "bah lamb" and "moo cow" as well. No ambiguity there, and it even tells you what noise the animal makes to stop you getting confused.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

What's wrong wi baa lamb and moo cow and horsey, horsey don'you stop ,just let your hooves go clipity clop.or can't we do baby talk anymore either.�� John F.

I regretfully report that even Norman Clark, maker of fine custom target rifles these many years, has succumbed to the influence of the lower end of the intellectual spectrum and now advertises 'bullet heads'.

Woe, woe and thrice woe unto thee, O Babylon.....

tac

tac,,alas there is a quaint and apt saying,,,you can't educate pork that springs to mind here,must admit that as a kid the term giz a shot with your bullet gun to friends older brother were often used,however over the years i became somewhat anal retentive,get quite annoyed with people on the range who in my humble opinion should know better.

Would like to think that the thread closed now s obviously there are those that will and those that wont,,reminds me a lot of the Twix advert,same thing different way of describing

Dave

Agreed, this thread seems to have run its course. Let's now draw our critical attention to the ever-increasing champion pie-eater Pete Moore of 'Gun Mart' and his use of the 'replacement' word 'mech' instead of 'action'.

tac

I just saw this and thought it should be tacked onto the thread. I mean, if you can't take R Lee Emery's word for it........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXwt...=youtu.be&t=70

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    "Bullet" only means different things to different people because they don't know any better, and that's fine, but once you know the proper term it makes perfect sense to use it instead of the improper word. Perhaps we should all still say "bah lamb" and "moo cow" as well. No ambiguity there, and it even tells you what noise the animal makes to stop you getting confused.

And then shorten them to just "bah" and "moo" and expect to be taken seriously...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitter View Post
    I just saw this and thought it should be tacked onto the thread. I mean, if you can't take R Lee Emery's word for it........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXwt...=youtu.be&t=70

Love Gunny on that show. Simple pleasures.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I regretfully report that even Norman Clark, maker of fine custom target rifles these many years, has succumbed to the influence of the lower end of the intellectual spectrum and now advertises 'bullet heads'.

Woe, woe and thrice woe unto thee, O Babylon.....

tac
    Another has fallen, I've just been on the HPS website, they've been infected with the Bullet head disease
    Thanks for looking

I got a temp permit to poses a .243 last week, it says 'this permit does not cover expanding heads'!
    Professional Pest Control without Poisons - Trapping and snaring equipment - www.jllpestcontrol.co.uk