Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullet Heads.........arrrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN3 View Post
    Now you all know why they are called Kranks.
    Should that be Krooks?

They have just hiked up their Aliant powders by £4.

So much for zero inflation.

So they "kranked" the price up then.

Alright I'll get me coat and off.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Thumbs down Bullet "Heads"

One of the ads, usually on the back cover of popular shooting mags, by a major rifle importer refers to "bullet heads going down range".
    Could not get much worse, or could it !!!!.
    Many moons ago spoke to Kranks re their listings of "bullet heads". Their reply "stops any confusion". When folks ask for "bullets" they usually mean ammunition.

Al
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    One of the ads, usually on the back cover of popular shooting mags, by a major rifle importer refers to "bullet heads going down range".
    Could not get much worse, or could it !!!!.
    Many moons ago spoke to Kranks re their listings of "bullet heads". Their reply "stops any confusion". When folks ask for "bullets" they usually mean ammunition.

Al
    Agree with the above.
    I know the lads at kranks and to be honest they are very helpful and it is a good shop to visit,
    They delivery charges are extremely good value at £4 for everything you order.
    It's worth paying that as its a pain to drive there and back and I live in leeds too

Sorry agree with above. Back in the early 90's I was partner in K&T bullets we made and sold cast bullets never heard the word Boolits. Today most seem to use this term for cast bullets so Bullets or Bullet Heads its a term used. Yes a lot of my customers ask for bullets when they mean ammunition, so what
    Howa Varmint 204 Ruger,243win,308win,Rem PSS 308win, Steyr 22/250

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Anal retentive post - bullet / bullet head - if you don't like the way Krank describes them then don't buy them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger_shooter View Post
    Anal retentive post - bullet / bullet head - if you don't like the way Krank describes them then don't buy them!
    Actually, I've changed my view on this following this thread. I had a conversation with my lad last week when he referred to a bullet as a bullet head. Seems a bit silly (of me now) and I think the Krank's explanation above is eminently sensible.

How can someone asking for 'bullet heads' be misunderstood in the real world?

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Actually, I've changed my view on this following this thread. I had a conversation with my lad last week when he referred to a bullet as a bullet head. Seems a bit silly (of me now) and I think the Krank's explanation above is eminently sensible.

I agree that the term bullet head is not ambiguous. My concern is that it adds credence to the use of the term "bullet" to mean "cartridge", and this is ambiguous.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    I agree that the term bullet head is not ambiguous. My concern is that it adds credence to the use of the term "bullet" to mean "cartridge", and this is ambiguous.
    Fair enough, I see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post

I guess it's a thing - nobody else understands WTH is meant by 'bullet head'.

Krank's 'explanation' is horse pucky.

tac

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    I agree with Turnup and am frankly baffled as to why shooters get defensive when corrected.

Who the hell came up with bullet head in the first place and what do they call the rest of the ordinary objects in their world?

train-transporters, nobhead-craniums, fanny-buckets...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Obviously the invention of the metallic cartridge has confused everybody. Technology is out of control.

We should call the writing around the primer the 'footstamp' or 'tailstamp', as we already call the place where we put the bullet head the 'neck', often with a 'shoulder' beneath it.

Just get a b100dy grip, folks .
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I agree, the item is a bullet, pure and simple. The phrase "bullet head" really grates on my nerves, but I CAN see why Kranks use it. They are right, many people do use the term bullet to mean ammunition. Not everyone who shoots is knowledgable about firearms. I once asked a very experienced stalker what rifle he was using, he just said "twofourthree". When I asked him what make it was, he didn't know, and he'd had the rifle years.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Last edited by Randy Bohannon; 03-08-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.