Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullet Heads.........arrrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Not the one's I seem to know mate.

It can't be an Army thing, I am struggling to see where it all came from.

A poll is not a bad idea at all .
    It's not an army thing indeed as they don't reload - generally!

I know some have got a little exercised over this but after reading all the responses, I'm going to take a much more relaxed view over people calling them heads.

Who was it said on here that it's intuitive for (bullet) heads to fit into necks which are above the shoulder......

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    It's not an army thing indeed as they don't reload - generally!

I know some have got a little exercised over this but after reading all the responses, I'm going to take a much more relaxed view over people calling them heads.

Who was it said on here that it's intuitive for (bullet) heads to fit into necks which are above the shoulder......

Sounds legit...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    What worries me is people can be arsed to argue the toss.

Sounds like folk need to get out and shoot more
    Can't there's no BBS meets this month!!!!
    Thanks for looking

[QUOTE=himself;6768353]Hi All.
    So some call em Heads, tips ,I call them heads ,so what,. QUOTE]

Not much mileage in chatting about the meplat, cannelure, ogive, heel, BC, etc. then.

Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    Hi All.
    So some call em Heads, tips ,I call them heads ,so what,. ..
    Not much mileage in chatting about the meplat, cannelure, ogive, heel, BC, etc. then.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Oh, the pointy bit, the groovy bit, the bit that you measure from, the bit at the back and the bit thats cheating because it is a measurment and not strictly speaking a part of a bullet but there you go.

My meplat is that its horses for courses. I know what these things are, I would expect to as I collect ammo and have handloaded for F class so it helps...But....

Honestly, does it really matter? If someone needs or wants to know they will research it, no point tutting and harumphing, you will be wearing a gillet and a floppy hat covered in badges next.

There are a fair few out there that probably cant read or write that are bloody good safe shots and quite oblivious to spindrift, or how "Groovy" they are'nt for no knowing.

Actually I am just as bad for bothering.

Incidentally, did you know that 1066 is the most easilly predicted PIN people use?....who knew?
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Big fat noisy Bagpuss like Yaaawwwnnnnn!!
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Incidentally, did you know that 1066 is the most easilly predicted PIN people use?....who knew?
    Incidentally, did you know that if the total population of the entire UK were to be reduced by 50%, then the remaining 50% would be all of them?

tac

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    No. But if it gives you a sense of pleasure to mention that you know about these complicated things, crack on...

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Incidentally, did you know that if the total population of the entire UK were to be reduced by 50%, then the remaining 50% would be all of them?

tac
    Genuinely 'LOL'd' (or should that be 'L'dOL' ) at that, I don't do text speak

Chris is right, does it really matter? The answer is no it doesn't! If it really bothers you that much just call it a colloquialism if you like, which is is exactly what it is and as such is acceptable . . .

Edit

PS which part of the bullet is the etc. ? I know all the others
    Thanks for looking

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post

tac
    Did you know that 50% of the total population of the entire UK has an IQ below 100?

Did you know that the vast majority of people in the UK have more than the average number of legs?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”

Lewis Carroll.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Projectile?

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Did you know that 50% of the total population of the entire UK has an IQ below 100?

Did you know that the vast majority of people in the UK have more than the average number of legs?
    MY comment is nothing less than the truth.

YOUR second comment is somewhat less than the truth, unless you can come up with some obscure and arcane explanation for it that has somehow eluded those of us with average intelligence.

tac

Heads

[QUOTE=1066;6768956]
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    Hi All.
    So some call em Heads, tips ,I call them heads ,so what,. QUOTE]

I been pushing Heads into cases for forty years, and yes I know all the Jargon you word police like to use just to show the rest of us
    how clever you is.
    I have reached my mid seventies using words like Bullet heads is a simpler means of explaining to New Shooters than ,
    Cannelure , ogive, BC ect, and you know all of the shooters that I have tried to help with reloading and shooting have turned out to be fairly good shooters.
    Some are even World Class.
    So to you Mr battle of Hastings, why don't you try to be helpful to folk on here instead of being an arse. John F.