Thread: air ranger v rapid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

air ranger v rapid

hi i am thinking about getting either a rapid or air ranger in 1.77 just wanted some generall opinions on them
    thanks paul

The Rapid is the only pcp that holds an attraction for me.

I regret not buying one when they were still making them.

I suspect the Rapid would hold its value better than the Air Ranger.

Sorry I can't say more.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I have a Raw HM1000 beautiful airgun in .20 cal

rapid or air ranger

HI, I have a few mk1 rapids and 1 MFR , all were good guns and some more accurite than others, but the daystate air ranger , is in a diffrent class looks a lot beter and much more acurit, and i do test the all for acuricey,i have just sold my air ranger 22cal to my mate, who presherd me into selling him it, i have just boght a 177 cal daystate wolvereine and these are very simler , but every one is difrent what suits one man might not suit another man, i also have HW 100 F.S.B.carbine in 177 cal and it is as accurit as anythink , i usaly keep a 177cal and a 22cal , i just find it hard to part with a very good gun. hope this helps . ATVB bob.

The idea that a Daystate Air Ranger is is a 'different class' to the Rapid is to my mind 'an exaggeration'. They are both actually fairly similar rifles. Personally I found my Air Ranger fine but the Rapids suited me better. The ease of working on them is one factor I would use to put the Rapid ahead. I also don't like the bolt position on the AR, the Daystate magazine system is too prone to error and the position of the trigger suited me less well than on the Rapid. Against this the standard ambi thumbhole stock on the AR is much superior to the sporter stock fitted as standard on the Rapid. All in all they are both excellent air rifles which should give you a lifetime of good service.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Let's b frank both out dated both great guns but lot more modern stuff on the market these days hw u finding your edgun nick ????

Quote Originally Posted by paul57 View Post
    hi i am thinking about getting either a rapid or air ranger in 1.77 just wanted some generall opinions on them
    thanks paul
    I'd just love to shoot an airgun in 1.77 cal.
    Imagine the trajectory in sub 12fpe!

Chris