Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daystate pulsar

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I have a bullpupped mk3, similar trigger to Pulsar, but my rifle is a bit shorter at 620mm with no mod, this makes it extremely stable for standing shots esp. with the butt of pistol grip making a handy hamster.
    Not sure where the lazer is on pulsar, but on my mk3 when I first used it I set a lazer low and scope high, both zeroed at same point, this meant for close shots use the laser,for longer shots use the reticle, but in bright sunlight could sometimes lose the lazer.
    I now have a modded scope which sits at 'normal' height, given the relationship between Gary and Tony I'm surprised there is not a commercial scope available.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 12-08-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: gramma ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    I love Bullpup rifles but not handled the Pulsar yet.
    I'm hoping Daystate will make a mechanical version of the Pulsar to keep price down and make it affordable for most including me lol
    FX Bobcat. A mechanical bullpup, with cocking lever by your ear, (not a problem at all in practise) that's shoots spot on , I had reservations about the smooth twist barrel but it does what it says on the tin, but even this rifle is £1325.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Offset eye piece..
    I'd be worried about that adding parallax errors.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    I'd be worried about that adding parallax errors.

Cheers

John
    Would that happen? Binoculars use an offset..
    Last edited by buttloaves; 12-08-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Yes, if the adapter is not perfectly aligned on the optical centre of the scope.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hmmmmmm

Once our over seas friends hear of this possible money making device they will produce one. Let's hope it dosnt take too long. Eh. Or a buisness opp for mark. ??????? Get cracking mate.

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    Once our over seas friends hear of this possible money making device they will produce one. Let's hope it dosnt take too long. Eh. Or a buisness opp for mark. ??????? Get cracking mate.
    Couple of 15mm pipe bends and some mirrors

To abuse the old adage of "horses for courses" here; the bull-pup designs are really designed specifically for vermin hunters and close combat in the military.

OK they need to be accurate, to a point, but you won't find the SAS sniper's abandoning their DAN.338's any time soon.

The Daystate electronic trigger is, in truth, the only method entirely suited to a bull-pup design air weapon. Long trigger linkages simply introduce more effort, more reliability issues and less 'feel' into the system.

A beautiful design, well engineered, with good balance, feel and accuracy the Pulsar is surely the present class leader. A BMW M3 amidst a swarm of Hyundai-Kia-Honda-Seat-Skoda-Fords?

Whether it's outrageous cost is justified, only time will tell.

Whether its the latest 'fashion statement' from a market led organisation or a long-term improvement in rifle design driven by engineering excellence, we shall see. I have my own suspicions.

One thing is sure; any collector really must have one, just in case they disappear as suddenly as they have come.

Happy days!

John
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

I think bullpups are suited to off hand shooting.

I sent my Oro back, as it kept blowing out its charge every time I tried to top it up. A shame, really, as I was enjoying shooting it. The trigger was a cut above my previous electronic jobs.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Yes, if the adapter is not perfectly aligned on the optical centre of the scope.

Cheers

John
    No, it wouldn't.

Parallax error occurs because the image place is not in the same place as the reticule inside the tube, one being further back from the other. It doesn't matter if it's optically centred or not. All that matters is if there is any movement of the eye at all, with an out of parallax scope, there will be error. If you don't move your eye, there will be no error, no matter how far off the axis of sight it is (assuming you can still see an image).

I don't see why having a scope as close to a barrel as possible is that important. Even with a 32mm scope, assuming a sensible tube thickness, you're still going to be about 20mm off.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    No, it wouldn't.

Parallax error occurs because the image place is not in the same place as the reticule inside the tube, one being further back from the other. It doesn't matter if it's optically centred or not. All that matters is if there is any movement of the eye at all, with an out of parallax scope, there will be error. If you don't move your eye, there will be no error, no matter how far off the axis of sight it is (assuming you can still see an image).

I don't see why having a scope as close to a barrel as possible is that important. Even with a 32mm scope, assuming a sensible tube thickness, you're still going to be about 20mm off.
    Too much chance of differential focus occurring with added prisms or mirrors, which would cause errors similar to parallax in effect.
    With over 30 rifles all with similar low scope heights and half mildot reticles I'm not about to start learning a different set of aim points just to be 'fashionable'. The additional increased error magnification of canting is also a pain in HFT as levels are not permitted.

If you have more than 1 gun you will shoot better if you can make all the scope/rifle combos produce the same aim points.

Cheers

John