Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daystate pulsar

Daystate pulsar

Had a play with the daystate pulsar at the cla yesterday. I thought the gun handled very good. Accuracy was awesome. Would I like one. Hell yes. Can I afford one. Hell no.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I wouldn't have one even given to me!
    Master Debater

Ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I wouldn't have one even given to me!
    If you get one given. Pass it on to me Murphy.

I much prefer my Wildcat better cocking position and just as good as the Pulsar and £1200 cheaper.
    Lloyd

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    I'm expecting my new 0.22 FAC Pulsar to be delivered sometime next week. Hope it's a good 'un.
    Al

nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    I'm expecting my new 0.22 FAC Pulsar to be delivered sometime next week. Hope it's a good 'un.
    i doubt you will be disapointed ,let us know how you get on

They are not really my thing, BUT.

The electronic system really lends itself very well to bullpup designs.
    The trade has more bullpups than ever, so they are responding well to the market.

It's unusual, but, so is the appearance of many new things, I hope it stays around if I am honest.

For me, if they could work out a way to get that scope lower, I would find it appealing.

I have been in a situation before when I had a great car, but you couldn't fit a rifle in the boot.
    So for that reason alone - I think it's a great concept.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Two200's View Post
    They are not really my thing, BUT.

The electronic system really lends itself very well to bullpup designs.
    The trade has more bullpups than ever, so they are responding well to the market.

It's unusual, but, so is the appearance of many new things, I hope it stays around if I am honest.

For me, if they could work out a way to get that scope lower, I would find it appealing.

I have been in a situation before when I had a great car, but you couldn't fit a rifle in the boot.
    So for that reason alone - I think it's a great concept.
    for me the scope needs to be as close to the barrel as possible.i dont know how they would get round this though

Only problem I have with the Pulsar, Bobcat etc is I can't think of a reason to buy one, what will a bullpup do better than a conventional rifle to justify the outlay?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd57 View Post
    I much prefer my Wildcat better cocking position and just as good as the Pulsar and £1200 cheaper.
    Lloyd
    Thats why im waiting for the 177 wildcat £1200 cheaper although the synthetic pulsar is £300 cheaper than wood and spun nylon stock or some such fancy materiel .
    Lamping season is coming and i have a tricked out suzuki jimny and a bullpup could be just the thing although the mk 1 Verminator continues to impress

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Only problem I have with the Pulsar, Bobcat etc is I can't think of a reason to buy one, what will a bullpup do better than a conventional rifle to justify the outlay?
    You need to try one to make that judgement..

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    for me the scope needs to be as close to the barrel as possible.i dont know how they would get round this though
    You know I am testing that theory.

I have an Airwolf and sorting a decent hamster is proving hard work (they fill under the stock).

However, raising the scope pushes the rifle down, so it makes kneelers so much easier.

My scope is in mounts on risers.

Cheepiece height aside - I am seeing if I can still click a compromise for the closer shots which will inevitably take a bit more effort.

I know the scope is ok when as low as possible - but it has to go in highmounts anyway as its a 50 objective.

It's an experiment - I probably will not get along with it, but unless I try, I won't know.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    They should make a scope with an offset like on binoculars, or an offset that can be fitted to a standard scope, that way you can have your head where you want, even to the side, and still have your scope as low as possible. Something i noticed yesterday while enjoying an evening at J Rayners local club, Emley HFT, the attitude of the scope plays a much bigger part than i realised and it will show in a bullpup design because of the high mounts, what i mean is degrees from vertical, if the gun is tilted to the side even slightly deviating from the position it was in when zeroed was throwing my shots off, i think it showed up more from a bench rest which i haven't done much of, i now see why some shooters have spirit levels on their scopes i always thought that was a bit over the top, thing is the levels ive seen are on the top or side of the scope meaning you have to take your eye away to see it, if by some electrickery there was a display you could see while looking through the scope that would indicate the position the gun was in when zeroed, in other words zero the scope press set on the scope and it remembers that position in relation to the vertical, then when its in the same position an indicator of some kind appears in the scope (2 dots line up or something) you know you're good to go, just an idea, might already be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    You need to try one to make that judgement..
    Having shot a bullpup I don't see any advantage to it that could justify the cost, I don't shoot in extremely confined positions , or de bus from an armoured personnel carrier , so I fail to se the advantage of a bullpup full stop!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Having shot a bullpup I don't see any advantage to it that could justify the cost, I don't shoot in extremely confined positions , or de bus from an armoured personnel carrier , so I fail to se the advantage of a bullpup full stop!
    With regards the length it's only 5 inches shorter than an S410k.!!

But £1400 more!
    Master Debater