Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daystate pulsar

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    Having shot a bullpup I don't see any advantage to it that could justify the cost, I don't shoot in extremely confined positions , or de bus from an armoured personnel carrier , so I fail to se the advantage of a bullpup full stop!
    The way i see it is why have all that length waving about in front like a snooker Q when you can have the same length barrel stuck out only half that far, got to make less prone to muzzle drift, also the weight is in close making it more stable, im talking off hand shooting here, for bench rest and the like the traditional layout would probably be more effective, imo.
    Tho i think 2 grand is 2 much.

Having shot a bullpup I don't see any advantage to it that could justify the cost, I don't shoot in extremely confined positions , or de bus from an armoured personnel carrier , so I fail to se the advantage of a bullpup full stop!
    We all have different preferences its a good job or it would be a boring market place, im glad you prefer your long rifles.
    Regards, Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    The way i see it is why have all that length waving about in front like a snooker Q when you can have the same length barrel stuck out only half that far, got to make less prone to muzzle drift, also the weight is in close making it more stable, im talking off hand shooting here, for bench rest and the like the traditional layout would probably be more effective, imo.
    Tho i think 2 grand is 2 much.
    I don't think the 10 mtr Olympians would agree with this apart from the comment on the cost.

now there's a thought, getting a 10 Meter Olympic shooter to have a go on one in his discipline, to see how
    how he/she gets on.
    I know it should be 6Ft/Lbs and diopter sights.
    I've seen someone successfully do it the other way around though , and shoot an FT course with a 10 meter rifle, mind you it was on a lovely still day.

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    I don't think the 10 mtr Olympians would agree with this apart from the comment on the cost.
    Maybe they should give bullpups a try they might like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    With regards the length it's only 5 inches shorter than an S410k.!!

But £1400 more!
    You are quite correct but then an s410 doesn't give you 250 shots in .22 or a consistent 5ftps spread over nearly all those shots. Probably around the 70 ish shots. But then again you could always buy 3 s410's at about £620 and try carrying them about at the same time

I've just got my pulsar and a few observations I would mention are.
    The scope height can increase the effects of canting the gun over, where the crosshairs and barrel are not perfectly in vertical alignment. So causing hits to the left or right of zero. Solution is to set everything up correctly to reduce the possibility of canting,
    I find it really comfortable to hold on aim. But with a viper connect the weight was too far back and it made the muzzle drift about for standers . This could be due to my close in hold, but a full size normal scope shifted the balance point enough to give a much steadier hold,
    it's a much nicer gun than a bobcat, it's all down to if you just want a tool to do a job or if you want a treasured posetion, the fit. Finish and engineering are exceptional on the pulsar,
    The laser is fiddly to zero, and not bright enough to see in full sun. But it's a very useful rangefinder on an overcast day or round dawn/dusk, set to the same zero as your scope, if the dot is under. Your target is closer. Over and it's further away, easy enough to map onto a range card of your reticle
    I love that it fits in the boot of my car in its hard case,
    My particular one isn't pellet fussy and is very accurate and consistent. 3fps ve over 200 shots. Couldn't ask for better than that,
    And I personally love the styling of them

Quote Originally Posted by Pulsar ste View Post
    I've just got my pulsar and a few observations I would mention are.
    The scope height can increase the effects of canting the gun over, where the crosshairs and barrel are not perfectly in vertical alignment. So causing hits to the left or right of zero. Solution is to set everything up correctly to reduce the possibility of canting,
    I find it really comfortable to hold on aim. But with a viper connect the weight was too far back and it made the muzzle drift about for standers . This could be due to my close in hold, but a full size normal scope shifted the balance point enough to give a much steadier hold,
    it's a much nicer gun than a bobcat, it's all down to if you just want a tool to do a job or if you want a treasured posetion, the fit. Finish and engineering are exceptional on the pulsar,
    The laser is fiddly to zero, and not bright enough to see in full sun. But it's a very useful rangefinder on an overcast day or round dawn/dusk, set to the same zero as your scope, if the dot is under. Your target is closer. Over and it's further away, easy enough to map onto a range card of your reticle
    I love that it fits in the boot of my car in its hard case,
    My particular one isn't pellet fussy and is very accurate and consistent. 3fps ve over 200 shots. Couldn't ask for better than that,
    And I personally love the styling of them
    Rifle doesn't fit the carry case with a mod on though. Keep an open eye on the spirit level and you won't cant it. It still doesn't shoot as accurately as my bobcat, although it is very very close now it has had near three thousand pellets through it. My bobcat took about 50 to run in. The laser is a waste of space and a pain to set. Mines now turned off. Having said said all that it is truly a remarkable rifle to shoot and handle.

Only problem I have with the Pulsar, Bobcat etc is I can't think of a reason to buy one, what will a bullpup do better than a conventional rifle to justify the outlay?
    I don't know a reason to buy one but lets ask the military or the police or the majority of rim fire manufacturers who are using/producing shorter more compact weapons these days as they are easier to carry and a bit lighter. Both the bobcat and pulsar provide a far larger shot count than the "conventional" rifles and are certainly more pointable than conventional rifles. And this is coming from the owner of one of the longest rifles currently on the market ie the steyr hunting 5 fitted with a sound moderator (47 1/2 inches in length). Even a reasonably short carbine such as the hw100 can not compete with the shot count of either the bobcat or pulsar. It was not that long ago i would have also dismissed a bullpup but now that i own a couple i don't really see myself going back to the longer rifles. The only short rifle i have had a go with recently that made me think just a bit more than twice was the steyr scout. That was really something to handle and shoot. Still a smaller shot count though. The best cocking mechanism of any rifle on the market in my opinion.

Military and police have very different requirements to field shooters, often the police simply adopting military weapons, the reason the SA80 was introduced by the army was pretty obvious to anyone who tried to de-bus from an Fv432 in a hurry with an SLR!

Bullpup design is to enable you to move in confined spaces, you could maybe argue it's practical if you shoot from a vehicle for instance, but I can think of no real reason to adopt a bullpup style for airgunners other than fashion!

Don't get me wrong I expect the Pulsar to be up to Daystates usual excellent standard, It's simply that I cannot think of a reason to buy one, and by one I mean any bullpup, it will allow no advantages over a conventional rifle for me so it's not worth buying, I would opt for the Wolverine personally!

I love Bullpup rifles but not handled the Pulsar yet.
    I'm hoping Daystate will make a mechanical version of the Pulsar to keep price down and make it affordable for most including me lol
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    A shooting buddy of mine bought the Pulsar Oro in .177 about five weeks ago. He was using it with a viper connect 3-12x24.

He traded it in for another rifle yesterday. Enough said really

So if anyone fancies an immaculate secondhand Pulsar Oro, give Kirklees gunshop in Huddersfield a call.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by j rayner View Post
    for me the scope needs to be as close to the barrel as possible.i dont know how they would get round this though
    Same here, bulpups all have this same basic problem.

Not for me.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Same here, bulpups all have this same basic problem.

Not for me.

Cheers

John
    Offset eye piece..

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Offset eye piece..
    Grow a head like Sarah Jessica Parker / Seabiscuit and you should be able to get a rail on the barrel.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.