Thread: Webley Tempest/Hurricane cocking aid?

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Webley Tempest/Hurricane cocking aid?

In the dim recesses of my mind I seem to recall you could buy a smart knurled cocking grip for the barrel.
    Was this so? If so can you still buy them or has anyone got one for sale?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    In the dim recesses of my mind I seem to recall you could buy a smart knurled cocking grip for the barrel.
    Was this so? If so can you still buy them or has anyone got one for sale?
    Sorry. Cant help with the cocking aid but I bought two new Tempests which were so hard to cock with the original spring! After around 5,000 shots both springs broke! I replaced them with Tempest springs from Chambers and though obviously less powerful are lovely to cock. As I only shoot at 21ft max there a dream to use. Hope you get answers to your cocking aid question. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Was this like a knurled sleeve with tiny grub screws to secure it? I remember seeing something like this in the "new kit" section in a magazine, but it must be about twenty years ago. I can't recall ever seeing one in a shop or seeing one advertised though. The "Collectibles" forum might be a good place to ask if anyone has one to sell. A reasonable lathe engineer should be able to make one for you quite easily if you can't fine one to buy.