Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my Colt SAA Peacemaker (first impressions & mini review)

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Was it cheaper than mine £103 ? Paid my mate extra £7 for collecting it from RFD. He bought 3 for himself.

Baz
    That seems like the cheapest yet. I thought I was doing well at £115

Don't know who makes all the profit on them in UK. £76 at Pyramydair in the U.S.A.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 06-08-2015 at 07:35 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Don't know who makes all the profit on them in UK. £76 at Pyramydair in the U.S.A.

Baz
    What sort of profit margin would a retailer be looking at ? 30% ? and that is on top of whatever profit the wholesaler has taken, so easily a retail cost of double the the import cost, maybe more.

One of the benefits for Pyramid is mail order. Same for European outlets, whereas in UK they have to be sold face to face by RFD, which necessarily limits sales and therefore turnover for an individual dealer. Bigger outlets might sell 50 or 100 so probably get a better deal from wholesaler than an outlet only ordering 3 or 4 at a time.

Was it cheaper than mine £103 ? Paid my mate extra £7 for collecting it from RFD. He bought 3 for himself.

Baz
    hi baz, no mate it was not cheap then that, bargain you got by the way..

It was their last one so my local gun shop let me pay £60 cash, then i can pay them the other £80 at a minimum or £20 a week. they do look after me..

heres a picture why not..

http://i60.tinypic.com/i2lhue.jpg

ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    What sort of profit margin would a retailer be looking at ? 30% ? and that is on top of whatever profit the wholesaler has taken, so easily a retail cost of double the the import cost, maybe more.

One of the benefits for Pyramid is mail order. Same for European outlets, whereas in UK they have to be sold face to face by RFD, which necessarily limits sales and therefore turnover for an individual dealer. Bigger outlets might sell 50 or 100 so probably get a better deal from wholesaler than an outlet only ordering 3 or 4 at a time.
    To get 30% margin you multiply your cost by 1.43. So a unit cost to dealer would be £100 to sell at £143. In the same county we have a dealer that sold at £103 and another dealer at £170. To make 30% margin Pyramyd Air would be paying £54 net cost. I suppose the dealers have the right to make as much money as they can if customers are willing to pay a premium. I was in sales for 30 years and tried to get the best price for my company.

Baz

I had a hand in Bazs deal.
    There was a preorder for 4 which obviously reduced the price.
    There was also a return trip of 2 1/2 hours to get them.

Seems to me it all depends on how much effort you are prepared to put in for your deal.
    In my case not much.

The shop involved is well known in the South ,advertises nationally and is now selling them for £112.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Yes that's the bb's I have. Raid that piggy bank!
    I'm thinking about it

ATB
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I had a hand in Bazs deal.
    There was a preorder for 4 which obviously reduced the price.
    There was also a return trip of 2 1/2 hours to get them.

Seems to me it all depends on how much effort you are prepared to put in for your deal.
    In my case not much.

The shop involved is well known in the South ,advertises nationally and is now selling them for £112.
    Amazing what a little foreign competition will do - but full marks to whoever has listed them at £112 at least they are responding to market forces rather than sitting on their hands and insulting the intelligence of the buying public
    That's pretty much the UK delivered price if ordered from Germany...

Hope you're still enjoying shooting that really cheap gun!!

ATB
    Hombre

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Amazing what a little foreign competition will do - but full marks to whoever has listed them at £112 at least they are responding to market forces rather than sitting on their hands and insulting the intelligence of the buying public
    That's pretty much the UK delivered price if ordered from Germany...

Hope you're still enjoying shooting that really cheap gun!!

ATB
    Hombre

Helped at the moment by a very favourable exchange rate.

However, it makes you wonder what the wholesale price is in UK if one outlet can afford to sell at £112

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    What is different with this one ?

Baz

Nothing as far as i can tell, i have that one too.
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

What is different with this one ?

Baz
    Difficult too see from this angle but looks like hammer is in fully closed position but bit unlikely they would have made the change so soon...

Hombre

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    Helped at the moment by a very favourable exchange rate.

However, it makes you wonder what the wholesale price is in UK if one outlet can afford to sell at £112
    Favourable Ex rate indeed.
    Maybe these were wholesaled from outside UK?

Just guessing.

Certainly be interesting to see whether other retailers reduce prices more in line with EU but can't imagine this price being matched by too many.

ATB
    Hombre

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Difficult too see from this angle but looks like hammer is in fully closed position but bit unlikely they would have made the change so soon...

Hombre
    If you look at the trigger, its in the cocked/last pull stage, whoever took that photo i think and jammed the hammer and trigger..
    They would not have redesigned the internals..