Thread: Scopes panorama vs varmint

Scopes panorama vs varmint

I've got a 4x12 40 half milldot just getting a 2.5 x 10. 44 or 40 can't rem another half milldot just wondered how they both compare? The sf would be easy to set up but how's the glass compare.i just love little hft scopes

I have a Panorama here, for a cheap scope it's ok, you can see distortion round the edges of the lens on high mag, the rets ok, never use the illumination but blue or red if that's of any consequence!

Turrets are so so, too low profile to read consistently so I made a new elevation turret, one plus is if you slacken the two retaining screws you can slip the scale and reset to zero after setup.

I preferred the old front parallax varmints myself though.

I preffer the panoramas crosshair for HFT due to it being fine, the 2.5-10x44 SF Varmint the half milldot dot is a bit blobby and clutterd apart from the ret i like the scope.

As above, the Panorama reticle is fine. I found it too fine for my aged pensioner eyes. So, if you are at all concerned about your eyesight it would be a good idea to look through them both in order to make sure you can cope with the reticles.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    As above, the Panorama reticle is fine. I found it too fine for my aged pensioner eyes. So, if you are at all concerned about your eyesight it would be a good idea to look through them both in order to make sure you can cope with the reticles.
    Cheers, Phil
    hi as phil said try both, I have both in differing models the panorama is idea I find when the lighting in our range is poor during winter months the down side with me that I forget to switch them off but even without the illuminated retical there plenty of light coming into the lense.with the Varmint the side focus is easier for arthritic fingers in my case ,the retical is not too busy so the varmint for me ticks all MY boxes.
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Got it

Got my varmint off a well known auction site! very happy not bad glass I do prefer the panorama ret but this 1/2 milldot ret is very useable,our little Elsa loved it,she's only 2 bless her but I've invested in a little s200 and varmint so when she's older she can go to the club shooting with me

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Got my varmint off a well known auction site! very happy not bad glass I do prefer the panorama ret but this 1/2 milldot ret is very useable,our little Elsa loved it,she's only 2 bless her but I've invested in a little s200 and varmint so when she's older she can go to the club shooting with me
    a forward thinking father well done
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance