Thread: rohm twinmaster match any good as a starter gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Bear in mind that a (nice) Steyr LP1p went on here recently for 480, so you will be able to find a "better" tarhet pistol than a Rohm.

I had one a while ago as a plinker and used out to 25 yards for pistol HFT comps. Off the bench it would shoot fingernail sized groups at 25 yards on a still day. Trigger etc not a patch on a Steyr etc though.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Bear in mind that a (nice) Steyr LP1p went on here recently for 480, so you will be able to find a "better" tarhet pistol than a Rohm.

I had one a while ago as a plinker and used out to 25 yards for pistol HFT comps. Off the bench it would shoot fingernail sized groups at 25 yards on a still day. Trigger etc not a patch on a Steyr etc though.
    I did see that steyr lp1p when it was 600 and out of my budget , but missed when it went down in price :-(

That LP1 was a gem of a pistol, LP10s can now be had for £700-£800 which does has an effect on the earlier model prices, whilst a while ago it probably would have made the £600 it struggled this time, on the plus side I got just as good a deal on its replacement due to the same slow market, so that's two buyers very happy The same applies to earlier Morini and FWB etc all of which are superb pistols and can be had at very good prices and would be a far better buy than a Rohm (just my opinion) hold out until something better turns up, it will pay dividends in the long run and get you a pistol you'll get plenty of good service from, Baikal's are being sold new for £300 and are a far better bet for precision shooting, they may not have the looks of their Austrian and German counterparts but their performance is certainly not lacking. If a pistols a bit out of buget make an offer, the seller can only say no...if it's a reasonable and sensible offer you may just get ya pistol or at least a compromise deal with the seller.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Have seen a second hand baikal on gun star for £220 where can i price a new one , if i can get a new one for not much more money that may be the way to go
    regards
    scott

Sportsman gun centre.

Snippy,

I got my Baikal MP-46M from the Sportsman Gun Centre about three (3) months ago for ca. 270 GBP.

After initial bedding in, and some work on the grips, it is a superb performer (I use JSB Match Light, 4.50, 7.33 gr)

For me it is an excellent pistol.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Jehoolio View Post
    Sportsman gun centre.
    Many thanks will have a look
    regards
    scott

Discotwo is selling a SAM K14 PCP Match pistol here on this very forum £400 that might interest you.
    Life without happiness is no life at all.