Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Knibbs for parts ?

John Knibbs for parts ?

Hi all ,can I ask you please,John Knibbs air gun spares ,what are the like for air gun spares and to deal with as I need some parts.thanks chaps,,,,,pops
    Last edited by T 20; 04-08-2015 at 12:38 PM.

one of the best.
    hope whatever you are doing gets sorted.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I have heard many different opinions on this - some rate them highly, others not.
    They do have/hold a comprehensive stock of parts and may be your best bet for some of the obselete ones.
    Some say they are expensive, however, it depends on how difficult the part is to 'source' and how much you need it!
    I have also heard it said that it depends who deals with your order, I have also heard from one shooter that they sent the incorrect part for his model a couple of times, despite him giving them all the correct and relevent details.
    Other people have said they were brilliant at helping/identifying the part and a very quick postal service.
    Just all 'hearsay' though - I have never (from memory) dealt with them personally, so don't take my word for it. (I have always obtained my parts secondhand or from other sources due to the costs.)
    I do believe them to be a good operation though - they have a good collection/source of parts, some difficult/obselete.
    It would be a worse situation for Airgunning without them/their services - that's for sure!
    I believe it's better if you are able to call into their shop/premises and take the broken/worn part in with you. When you consider all the different models and variants - it must be a real nightmare to identify them - even for experts!

good luck

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Tomorrow will be sunny with clouds and occasional showers.

Dave

Thumbs up

If looking for parts i search both hohn knibbs and the chambers websites ....i usually find what i'm looking for
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Feinwerkbau spares

Hi

I've only ever brought a FWB 127 piston and breech seal from them, but I was impressed with the price and service

ATB

Kev

Hello!
    I've used them a time or two for parts and they've been OK.I dealt direct with then over the counter.Some of the staff can be a bit iffy,as if air gunners aren't spending enough,but most of them are fine.Good luck with the repairs!
    Owen.

They are good but I do have a complaint about postage prices on items that are so small, especially when you pay £3 postage for a £4 item and the postage label says 90p

Quote Originally Posted by Cymru-Dave View Post
    They are good but I do have a complaint about postage prices on items that are so small, especially when you pay £3 postage for a £4 item and the postage label says 90p
    Packaging and the time it takes are free?

I cant complain about them. They are a bit pricey but they hold bits you wont find anywhere else.
    Quality has a price

Bought a gasram for my BSA Lightning.

All OK no problems, except no fitting instructions.

I bought a bsa ultra stock.
    On arriving it wouldn't fit the action as the safety had been moved to the opposite side.
    Contacted them and they accepted its return and refund not questions.
    Last edited by ex-squaddie; 04-08-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: misspelling
    LIFE IS NOT COMPLICATED........
    SOCIETY JUST MAKES IT THAT WAY!!!!

Just got a rear sight blade for mk 1 airsporter, £17 posted.
    Good communication and arrived in good time.
    Cannot fault them.
    snarepeg.

I have waited on Knibb's premises for up to two hours on several occasions while someone rummages around in the store room out back for spare parts that often when got home are completely incorrect or need considerable fitting!

I will still go back to them and do,because they have bits and pieces that cannot be found elsewhere,but I find them a pain to deal with,they are however friendly ,of course and do try to be helpful!

These days I see if these guys have what I need first , http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/ I find their service and communication excellent!

ATB.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    I have heard many different opinions on this - some rate them highly, others not.
    They do have/hold a comprehensive stock of parts and may be your best bet for some of the obselete ones.
    Some say they are expensive, however, it depends on how difficult the part is to 'source' and how much you need it!
    I have also heard it said that it depends who deals with your order, I have also heard from one shooter that they sent the incorrect part for his model a couple of times, despite him giving them all the correct and relevent details.
    Other people have said they were brilliant at helping/identifying the part and a very quick postal service.
    Just all 'hearsay' though - I have never (from memory) dealt with them personally, so don't take my word for it. (I have always obtained my parts secondhand or from other sources due to the costs.)
    I do believe them to be a good operation though - they have a good collection/source of parts, some difficult/obselete.
    It would be a worse situation for Airgunning without them/their services - that's for sure!
    I believe it's better if you are able to call into their shop/premises and take the broken/worn part in with you. When you consider all the different models and variants - it must be a real nightmare to identify them - even for experts!

good luck

ASM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I have waited on Knibb's premises for up to two hours on several occasions while someone rummages around in the store room out back for spare parts that often when got home are completely incorrect or need considerable fitting!

I will still go back to them and do,because they have bits and pieces that cannot be found elsewhere,but I find them a pain to deal with,they are however friendly ,of course and do try to be helpful!

These days I see if these guys have what I need first , http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/ I find their service and communication excellent!

ATB.
    Like already said above, I've had more problems than pleasure dealing with Knibbs over the years, things have improved since John retired and it is mainly now down to clerical error, I won't go into details (but I'm sure if you do a search you'll find my comments on other threads about them), their prices are strange as sometimes they can be cheaper than Chambers and vice versa, I have a tendency to try Protek first now but they sometimes don't have stock although their website says they do.

It all depends who you get on the end of the phone, Dean is brilliant and likes a chat about the rifle you're needing bits for, if I could go in their for my bits then I would, the amount of arguments I've had with John in the past and the annoying thing is is I had the part in my hand which I needed the replacement for and he said it never existed.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in