Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Titan xs springs

Titan xs springs

What's the thought on these please? Are they the Stella artois of the spring world? "Reassuringly expensive". Cheapest I can find them is £22 each on the bay of evil.
    Are they all that , seems a lot for a spring.

I bought one today so I hope it's good :-)

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I think they are excellent springs but almost always need shorting to stay legal. When you think how long a quality spring lasts you get a lot more shots for your buck than a tank would yeild for the equivalent money.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    What you need is a Hox spring! Cram the piston full of washers and it'll go through a car! (If you can hit it)
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Adolescence,ox springs n crap guns! They were the days. Still can't hit anything now mind!

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I think they are excellent springs but almost always need shorting to stay legal. When you think how long a quality spring lasts you get a lot more shots for your buck than a tank would yeild for the equivalent money.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Yep, pretty much as above.

Most people seem very happy with the quality of the springs.

Many Titans are "too much spring" for their intended apploaction and, more often than not, will require shortening.

Sometimes one intended for another model might actually work better??

What rifle is it for?

Measure the OD of your spring guide (and top hat, if applicable) and the ID of the piston and then refer to the Mainspring Data Thread in the Useful Tips section. There, you will see measurements and specifications for many springs, including the Titans, which should give you a really good idea.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Stiffies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Stiffies.
    Indeed!

Hope you're well, young man.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Indeed!

Hope you're well, young man.
    I'm in rude health thank you Antonio.

I lost three lbs in a day. Four after I'd 'been' to the bathroom. So my training for September is going well.

How's my favorite journalist?

I'm in rude health thank you Antonio.

I lost three lbs in a day. Four after I'd 'been' to the bathroom. So my training for September is going well.

How's my favorite journalist?
    Haha!

Cheers for that, young fella.....always a bundle of heart warming joy is our Phil and glad to see the "training" is going well!

Back not so good, matey, got the MRI results last week - four naughty discs, will tell you about it soon.

Great input there thanks chaps!
    So if I take a cross section of those answers and buy the longest spring they do, use I trolley jack to ram in a box of washers I'll be able to take out a tank! Cool.
    Looking for a spring for this old 35 I've acquired, chronod it at seven ft/lbs thought it was rather sweet shooting , I know Nick to be putting out that much it's a keeper
    Will be my first attempt at dismantling a Springer tomorrow, if you don't see me post again you'll know it didn't go well.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Great input there thanks chaps!
    So if I take a cross section of those answers and buy the longest spring they do, use I trolley jack to ram in a box of washers I'll be able to take out a tank! Cool.
    Looking for a spring for this old 35 I've acquired, chronod it at seven ft/lbs thought it was rather sweet shooting , I know Nick to be putting out that much it's a keeper
    Will be my first attempt at dismantling a Springer tomorrow, if you don't see me post again you'll know it didn't go well.

A no.2 or 4 is what you need!

Leeben is doing one too, maybe you could start a local owners club? Meet every Thursday evening for hints, tips and sympathy.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

at 7 FPE, it could be suffering with the breech brazing issue. You might want to try a process of elimination, via piston seal and spring first.

I'd honestly go with a standard replacment spring and piston seal if required.

you vewy funny man! Nearly spat me cab sav all over the phone.
    This blooming Springer thing is getting out of hand, got rid of most of the pcp,s (only 6 now) and now I've got ahem, rather a lot of boingers, if tomorrow's phone conversation goes to plan I'll be picking up a new 77 and a 97 but in .177

at 7 FPE, it could be suffering with the breech brazing issue. You might want to try a process of elimination, via piston seal and spring first.

I'd honestly go with a standard replacment spring and piston seal if required.
    Breach seal looks pretty pants too! Did pick up a pistol seal today so I'll see how it looks tomorrow after I open her up wearing my welding gloves and full helmet and visor, (I'm a bit accident prone)