Thread: Courier (I know, I know!)

Question Courier (I know, I know!)

Hi Guys,
    i know this has been done to death, but could somebody please let me have the contact details of a reliable courier that will pick up an air rifle on my behalf? Preferable if someone has already used them or know first hand that they are sound. I found a very nice springer, but understandably the chap wont post. A decent courier would be give us both piece of mind...
    Thanks chaps
    ATB
    Jon
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    What about RFD to RFD transfer for total peace of mind??
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    i know this has been done to death, but could somebody please let me have the contact details of a reliable courier that will pick up an air rifle on my behalf? Preferable if someone has already used them or know first hand that they are sound. I found a very nice springer, but understandably the chap wont post. A decent courier would be give us both piece of mind...
    Thanks chaps
    ATB
    Jon
    Short answer, there is no such thing,

longer answer, depending on the location there is a carrier listed in the posting airguns sticky in sales, who might do it but I seem to remember the only person who has tried to use them got nowhere asking,
    RFD-RFD at a price or see if a member local to him might be able to collect it & fwd it on to you via Parcelforce ?

RFD ... had considered this mate, but its the most expensive option, as i'll have to pay for the charges at both ends

One way is to split the stock or the barrel from the action if you can and package them well in the same box, as long as you can get it under 600mm you can send a springer RMSD legally, the only thing that has to be done is the sender must put his name and address on the box (which should happen anyway with RMSD).

You can get a decent box from a local gun shop usually and cut it down.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by webb22 View Post
    RFD ... had considered this mate, but its the most expensive option, as i'll have to pay for the charges at both ends
    Maybe ask seller to pay his end you pay your end?

You never know.
    Master Debater

Hi lots of couriers carry firearms but ONLY if you're an RFD they won't touch it if you're a private individual. Same as you can't send CO2 by post but you can if you're a business.

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Parcel force 48

Done it a bunch of times with springer and pcp

No real insurance .... But a reliable pick up and drop off ... Vans that can are few and far between
    Www.wendoverairrifleclub.co.uk
    Quigley Hollow Airgun Club
    I kicked the bucket , with 2 feet firmly on the ground

Quote Originally Posted by ffireblade View Post
    Presumably RFD to RFD transfers use couriers. So how does that work? ...and more to the point, which couriers!
    TNT ship for RFD's but they will not ship guns for private individuals.

parcel force 48 gets my vote again, Only had one problem with them in over 15years. It's all in the packing, it makes or breaks a successful delivery.

thanks chaps for all the feedback and PMs
    atb
    jon