For me, the saga began in 1954, when I was a National Serviceman. I started with a Webley Junior and an earlier Mark 1, went on to acquire a BSA Cadet; then, at odd intervals, most of the Webley pistols, with the occasional oddment thrown in - things like a Westley Richards Highest Possible, an Abas Major, Haenels, Tell 2, Original, a rather nice boxed Firefly, a Greener air rifle, a Webley Service air rifle, an Osprey - the list could be endless. However, wife-pressure (and penury) resulted in my selling a large number of the more interesting ones. Now, however, I am concentrating on the steel Webley pistols. The later, plasticky ones offend me when I compare them with the originals. I have a full set of Mark 1 - all six of the early square-handle ones, and the New Model, from early to late - a total of 10. I have four Juniors - the earlier ones with the tinplate grips, and the post-war ones (one of each has the adjustable backsight). I have the fist two Senior models (with and without the trigger-adjustment) and the New Model ones, pre and post-war, and I am currently looking for Premiers - I would like to find models A, B &C. No doubt, my collection will swell sometimes, and diminish at others; but I have always been fixated on the Webleys!

John