Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the Accuracy & Power tests on both my SAA's (hmmm)

Not personal Hombre.
    Some of my best friends are projectile promiscuous!
    Not me tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.RG1 View Post
    hi guys,
    i just thought i would quickly add this..
    i seem to get just as tight grouping using umarex steel BB's or H&N copper coated lead BB's as most tend to get when using pellets, the grouping mak shows using pellets in hes video i think are quite average, so high accuracy even for a BB shooter its not..

Dont get me wrong though i like some of maks videos and he is a nice guy to talk to as well..

Also i know people use pellets in their peacemaker, but lets not forget the smooth bore barrels then come in BB airguns are quite tight for pellets, the barrels are quite a bit tighter then a 4.5mm rifled barrel,, so when using pellet, pellets with leave a lead coating/dust etc inside your inner barrel, and after time this will build up, And because the barrels on these peacemaker are not easy to clean as the cylinder can not be removed unless the gun is completely taken to bits, would not wont to use pellets in mine,, you can clean the barrel with a push rod from the muzzle end but once again, your pushing the dust/dirt etc down towards the cylinder which is not ideal..

What i say is do you really want to dirty the barrel and risk damaging the seal on the cartridges just for a possible 5mm or so better grouping and like i said umarex or H&H BB's seem to do just as good a job anyway, well for me and a few others at least..
    If you dont want rebounds go for the H&N copper coated BB's, they will not dirty your barrel half as quickly as lead pellets will and will also not damage your seals either..

Its just my thoughts guys, im not saying im right and others are wrong its just my opinion.

ATB, Marc..
    I wouldn't disagree with any of that Marc and as such only intend using one of my Colts with pellets

I agree that the grouping is not massively better in the video, using pellets, and I'd be disappointed if I couldn't better that with any ammo.
    It just seemed an off the cuff example answer to Harvey's question about using pellets in these revolvers.

So, for me it will be copper coated lead for steel traps or where rebound may be an issue and steel when safe.

Keep up the good work

ATB
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Not personal Hombre.
    Some of my best friends are projectile promiscuous!
    Not me tho.
    No worries Gingernut, not taken as such

Just putting a personal perspective on record so as not to give the impression I was endorsing any of the actions in either the video
    or dismissing any of your timely warning shots!

Individual choice and safety first as always - not necessarily the same thing unfortunately...

ATB
    Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    So, for me it will be copper coated lead for steel traps or where rebound may be an issue and steel when safe.

Keep up the good work

ATB
    Hombre
    Hi hombre, thank you mate..
    yeah same here, hopefully my spare cartridges and more H&N BB's will come tomorrow.. Be just in time to take the peacemakers to gun club.

Happy shooting all.
    ATB, Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..