Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hatsan Galatian in .25 FAC.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebbikes View Post
    I have Three Galatians in .22 sub 12lb, and absolutely love them. The features on them put a lot of other high end manufactures to shame.
    The only down side is the weight.
    I lent a Galatian one for a You Tube video review, which was not very complimentary about it, but in my opinion, he completely missed the point.
    A VERY underrated gun
    I have a medical condition which causes me to make all shots supported. Easy enough using shooting sticks even when in the hide.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Update.

Since my initial testing began I have realised that the gun operated in a pretty tight window of 180-140bar. All things being considered my first tests would appear to have been flawed and the shot count lower than anticipated at full power. The net result was a gun that gave 35 usable shots but you had to get used to the power curve above and below the given range. It ran low at anything above 180bar. I have now fitted a Rob Lane Lancet Mk8 at 145bar and it allows me to charge to 250bar. Last night I gave it its first test to 230bar and got 37 shots ranging from 841-851fps before the reg dropped off. Tonight I have spent a bit more time and zeroed it from 230bar and the result is pretty much superb. I fired 39 shots and it still had 150bar in the tube. I am looking forward to the next tests at 250bar and will report back how it turns out.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Since my initial testing began I have realised that the gun operated in a pretty tight window of 180-140bar. All things being considered my first tests would appear to have been flawed and the shot count lower than anticipated at full power. The net result was a gun that gave 35 usable shots but you had to get used to the power curve above and below the given range. It ran low at anything above 180bar. I have now fitted a Rob Lane Lancet Mk8 at 145bar and it allows me to charge to 250bar. Last night I gave it its first test to 230bar and got 37 shots ranging from 841-851fps before the reg dropped off. Tonight I have spent a bit more time and zeroed it from 230bar and the result is pretty much superb. I fired 39 shots and it still had 150bar in the tube. I am looking forward to the next tests at 250bar and will report back how it turns out.
    seems like the regulator upgrade was worth it then

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot1 View Post
    seems like the regulator upgrade was worth it then
    Easy job and well worth the fiddle.