Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Best Event of The Year is nearly upon us.....

Cool THE Best Event of The Year is nearly upon us.....

Friends,

In just 26 days time, the scenic and stunning venue of Quigley Hollow, Higham on the Hill, near Nuneaton, will be once again home to the "Boinger Bash".

We have already run a string of successful events.

These meets are superb. Informal, casual and laid back; certainly not competitive, but with safety as the paramount factor.

The many and varied targets are set out from 10 yards up to 75 yards.

We have a converted polytunnel which is weather proof which can easily accommodate all guests, shielding from sun or rain. Camping is laid on - free. The hosts, Mick and Shirl Furniss, even arrange for a high quality caterer to attend, dishing up fine food and drinks at very reasonable prices. People attend for a day / weekend, and even up to five days....and all this for just £20! For up to five days' shooting and camping!

Ages of people that have attended so far range from the very young to gents in their late 70s.

The camaraderie and fellowship is warm and sincere. The event has not, and never will be, in the least "clicky" and all people visiting for the first time receive a warm welcome, have a great time and vow to return.

The day / weekend can be what you want it to be....Chat full time, shoot full time, or anything in between! You'll have the opportunity to try out lots of other people's guns, from highly tuned and specialized precision masterpieces to rusty old, characterful vintage guns. And talk to the people that shoot and tune them. Pick up tips on technique, pellets, scopes....anything you want, and all this expert advice is freely dished out with no hint of snobbery. As I say, this is a genuinely friendly, informal affair.

Although billed as a "Boinger Bash", the event is NOT solely for spring guns and ALL POWERPLANTS ARE WELCOME and, indeed, have attended in the past. The only proviso is that they must be sub 12ft.lbs for rifles and 6ft.lbs for pistols.

So, for anyone still thinking about whether to come along or not, I absolutely implore you to do so. You certainly won't be disappointed and I, and all the Bash regulars guarantee you'll have a fantastic time.

There's a main thread detailing the event giving full details if you wish to attend....please look it up

And, please come along and immerse yourself into the world of Airguns and share the passion. The event is non-profit making; all monies made go towards improving future events, but they cannot happen without your support.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Well said Tone

Nice post Tone

Link to the event page >> here <<

To my mind, the unique thing about the 'Bash' events is that all you need is an interest in airguns.

No separate club membership required.

No separate insurance required.

Not a formal competition event - Nobody is keeping score.

Just a day or weekend of airguns... airguns airguns airguns... as seen in the excellent article by TonyL in Airgun World.

All the best - Phil
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 10-08-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Cheers, chaps.

And, Phil, some very valid and important points there, young man. Thank you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hi chaps.i recently git hold if a hw97. It is the older type i think. I think this as the silencer end does not unscrew fir you to add a further silencer. So where can i buy the newer complete underlever catch and silencer assembly from? Also will the old one i am removing fit my tx200mk1sr action? Just that the tx standard does not have the push button lock that the hw97 has and is more secure to fit a sling on to. And info and both points appreciated. The tx sr action is in a bullpup stock to regards.chris

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Hi chaps.i recently git hold if a hw97. It is the older type i think. I think this as the silencer end does not unscrew fir you to add a further silencer. So where can i buy the newer complete underlever catch and silencer assembly from? Also will the old one i am removing fit my tx200mk1sr action? Just that the tx standard does not have the push button lock that the hw97 has and is more secure to fit a sling on to. And info and both points appreciated. The tx sr action is in a bullpup stock to regards.chris
    Bring it along and we'll see what'll fit.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Sorry chaps that should have been a thread in general airgun. My beaut of a phone put it in this thread as i was reading it just before lol. Chris

After finally committing to attending our first bash, we've found out tonight both our holding sitters are both already booked , well the blinking animals/polytunnels etc will have to look after themselves for a few days! We're heading "oop north"! Even higher than okehampton!

I'm abroad this time but hopefully there will be another bash in November (hint hint)
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I'm abroad this time but hopefully there will be another bash in November (hint hint)
    We will need to ensure that this one happens first. Mick puts such a huge effort into these events that it's a real shame that, on some occasions, if commitments don't come through in a timely manner, he's stressing over whether the event will take place at all.

I'm sure it'll come good, just that we could do with seeing some more positive activity.

And then, with this one taken care of, any plans of a November event would be usually discussed around the bonfire.

Hopefully, we'll have both.

I would like to add my 2 pence worth and say,

. Mick and shirly and others put a lot of work in behind the scenes to get the event set up. It is a cracking wknd and very informal..

I remember my first visit to bash a few yrs ago. I did not know anyone there, i just rocked up with my springers and shot.
    I Talked a lot, had good food. It really is a friendly place to come visit, camp over etc. It is so informal and it is always great to chat about airguns with like minded people.
    Dont be put off if your springer has not got the in tune, or this kit, or that kit in it.
    It is a few days to be able to shoot what you have and enjoy good company. It is also a great place to shoot others rifles that have had some tinkering..or shoot some child hood dream rifles that you never owned.
    It really does not matter what springers you have, but it is great to be able to shoot them .)
    It is also great to be able to chat to the shed tuners if you have interest in what they do .)
    . All in all a great time to be had.

I'm sure the event will be the usual success and every one attending will have a great weekend, I'm really looking forward to getting the TX200 out for the next bash event fingers crossed.
    I might even treat myself to one of those TX200 T Shirts they sell on the "Bay" for the weekend
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I might even treat myself to one of those TX200 T Shirts they sell on the "Bay" for the weekend
    Really ? That's the one TX thing I haven't got
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Boing! Said Zebedee.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Boing! Said Zebedee.

Cheers

John
    Haha!

Cheers John and BOING!!