Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A&M Cylinder HW100 a bit dissapointed

A&M Cylinder HW100 a bit dissapointed

I ordered one of A&M cylinders which arrived this morning. I fitted it as per instruction and seemed to seat in my HW100 just fine. However I'm not able to fill it with air, the probe they supplied is not letting any out. It just like I've put a stopper on the end of the hose. When I release the cylinder it immediately shoots to 300 bar and starts to vent a few seconds later, a safety feature on my cylinder I assume. Even with the probe free from the cylinder nothing comes out and there doesn't seem to be any foreign object causing a blockage. A fellow club member said the original HW100 probe should work but mine seems slightly thicker and wont fit inside the A&M cylinder. I don't know if that's because it's brand new and hasn't worn down a bit, but yeah it's defiantly not going in there.

Bearing in mind this is highly compressed air safety and testing should be A&M's top priority, seems a bit of a poor show to be honest. I've tried messaging and calling A&M but they appear to be closed and had no response.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

A&M are closed Mondays & Tuesdays. Give them a call tomorrow, I'm sure they will sort you out.

That's really unusual mate. I've had several of their cylinders and never had a problem. As above, give them a bell after 2 tomorrow and they'll sort you out.

Chris

I bought a new one from Adi,and he fitted it.I couldnt fill it,took it back (50miles) he filled it on his bottle and proceeded to argue my two bottles were faulty.Took it home,tried to refill and again couldnt.I realised the probe had no hole in it ! To be fair,they sent one first class,but an apology would have been nice

A friend of mine had three bad ones in a row, got his money back as he lost faith in the product. I've heard many other horror stories about A&M cylinders.
    I had my own nightmare with A&M themselves but that's another story!

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Ohh I'm glad this thread came to light, I was actually contemplating buying one of their cylinders for my new HW100.

Think I will give it a miss now
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Don't be put off by their cylinders. They are tested prior to sending and most issues arise due to a worn inlet oring on the rifle reg block (usual place for leaks), or people accidentally overfilling them which triggers a safety feature in the cylinder.

A duff probe can easily be sorted by giving them a call they'll send a new one

As for filling with the original 100 probe, it can be done, but if your probe has thicker o-rings on than normal, then it will be tough to insert. Little bit of silicone grease on the o-rings will do the trick
    Ex-Airgunner

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    I think if it was my company, I wouldn't be sending the cylinders out until they had been tested (filled) with the probe that was being supplied with the cylinder.

It doesn't bode well for their quality control does it? Bearing in mind these cylinders are filled to near 3000 psi, I think I will still steer clear of them.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

secretagentmole Guest
    Just remember what happened to the owner of GinB with a non Weihrauch HW100 cylinder!

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    Don't be put off by their cylinders. They are tested prior to sending and most issues arise due to a worn inlet oring on the rifle reg block (usual place for leaks), or people accidentally overfilling them which triggers a safety feature in the cylinder.

A duff probe can easily be sorted by giving them a call they'll send a new one

As for filling with the original 100 probe, it can be done, but if your probe has thicker o-rings on than normal, then it will be tough to insert. Little bit of silicone grease on the o-rings will do the trick

I agree with the others here it's high pressure and it should have been tested. With this hobby/sport safety and responsibility should be the greatest priority.

My original probe is 100% not going in there. Its nothing to do with the O ring as its not getting past the taper, its metal against metal. I would show you a picture but there is no option to do so on this page for some reason.

This morning however I did receive a message from them but it just looked like a copy and paste job. It gives their opening hours, a phone number and a brief mention of replace or refund. No apology, no attempt to acquire any further information, it's a poor show. I'll call them and see what they have to say for them selves but I must wait till after 2PM as they seem to be closed till then.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    I have one of V-Mach's which replaced the A&M one which I bought . More expensive though
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Deltawing View Post
    . A fellow club member said the original HW100 probe should work but mine seems slightly thicker and wont fit inside the A&M cylinder.
    No it won't HW100 original probe is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter 001 View Post
    No it won't HW100 original probe is thicker.
    Yes it will. I've got 2 A&M cylinders and it fits both.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Just remember what happened to the owner of GinB with a non Weihrauch HW100 cylinder!
    What did happen?

In my humble opinion, Weihrauch have manufactured their cylinders to work with their rifles. They would have probably gone through hundreds of hours of development and testing so that we can safely put 200bar of pressure right next to our faces.

My HW100kt is the best rifle I've ever had. Until it's broken, I'm not going to try to fix it.

All of the above.

A&M pressure test their cylinders prior to sale. Any that fail, don't get sold. Anyone that says they have burst or exploded is just here-say

I'm willing to be proved wrong, if someone can back up their claim with photographic evidence
    Ex-Airgunner