Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walther lgv or hw95k

walther lgv or hw95k

fancy a springer in 177 which one of the above

Just a thought,

have you had chance to shoot either of the rifles?

If not, have you thought about trying to visit the springer bash on the saturday in sept?
    There is a fair chance that both the rifles you are thinking about will be about at the bash. I am sure the owners of them would be more than willing to let you shoot them, then you can make up your own mind what you like and not what other like..
    ATB

In 177 the LGV.

I've had two 95s in the smaller calibre and will never ever buy another.

I bought one LGV and will never sell it.

If you are prepared to make a serious investment in getting the HW95 to perform well, that's another thing. Apparently it can be done.

Even the LGV can be improved slightly (most springers can be), but it doesn't really need it. I have never bothered. Due to initially bad pricing and some teething problems, it is the most underrated break barrel on the market.

A 95 with a Weihrauch silencer which makes muzzle flip even more of a problem than on earlier models, will cost you about 300 quid. For another forty or fifty quid you will get the Master Pro, which although a pound heavier, will knock spots off the 95, and has a much better stock.

The Rekord trigger on the 95 is superior but the Walther trigger is a perfectly good unit.
    Last edited by Arthur John Smithsplease; 21-08-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Just a thought,

have you had chance to shoot either of the rifles?

If not, have you thought about trying to visit the springer bash on the saturday in sept?
    There is a fair chance that both the rifles you are thinking about will be about at the bash. I am sure the owners of them would be more than willing to let you shoot them, then you can make up your own mind what you like and not what other like..
    ATB
    good idea where is it

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    good idea where is it

Near Nuneaton. Look for the two threads on the front page for details, but for £20 you can camp, drink and shoot with a whole bunch of likeminded peeps for up to 5 days (yes Dave, I'm looking at you!)
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

T20
    On the forum holds it at his place. Nuneaton.
    There is a thread here about it with the address. If you are keen why not make a wknd of it and camp over.
    Have a look at the running thread.
    Cheers.

Thumbs up

you might even consider something else
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Near Nuneaton. Look for the two threads on the front page for details, but for £20 you can camp, drink and shoot with a whole bunch of likeminded peeps for up to 5 days (yes Dave, I'm looking at you!)
    Absolutely.

And I'll bet there will be a few examples of both of these rifles, and many more besides. Who knows, you might even decide that something entirely different and that you hadn't considered previously may even suit you better.

Do it, you'll love it in Springer Heaven!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Imo a 95 is best in. 22 I've had 4 now, two in. 22 and 2 in.177. Only tried one LGV and it wasn't nice BUT it may have just been a poor example.

The one that suits you best is the easy answer I have Both and I am actually on my Fifth 95 Its accurate and light but its shooting cycle is way behind that of the LGV in refinement ! nothing wrong with the 95 though what is important really is Which one feels best for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Like a Diana 34/31 with a Vmach kit for example.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Like most of the people who ask "what rifle should I get out of these two", they nearly always end up with something completely different

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    bit the bullet and got a 95k from redbeck in wkefeild the owner scoped it up and I shot it for a full half hour on the outdoor range what service also supplied pellets its doing 11.8 ftp with hobbys and shoots well same hole at25 yds using jsbs if you need good service visit redbeck
    I take it all back, someone who's actually listened to us for once

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    In 177 the LGV.

I've had two 95s in the smaller calibre and will never ever buy another.

I bought one LGV and will never sell it.

If you are prepared to make a serious investment in getting the HW95 to perform well, that's another thing. Apparently it can be done.

Even the LGV can be improved slightly (most springers can be), but it doesn't really need it. I have never bothered. Due to initially bad pricing and some teething problems, it is the most underrated break barrel on the market.

A 95 with a Weihrauch silencer which makes muzzle flip even more of a problem than on earlier models, will cost you about 300 quid. For another forty or fifty quid you will get the Master Pro, which although a pound heavier, will knock spots off the 95, and has a much better stock.

The Rekord trigger on the 95 is superior but the Walther trigger is a perfectly good unit.
    This post sums up my views precisely. However the 95 doesn't 'need' a lot of money spent on it although a tune will clearly improves performance as it would with any factory standard rifle. All it needs is a decent muzzle WEIGHT rather than a silencer. Having fitted one to my 95 I can assure all of you that the rifle is transformed. Even the most highly tuned variants of the 95-such as the lovely SFS Banshee-are vastly improved by this treatment. My choice for the weight is the one made for me by Jonny Neate on here. They are 'compact but heavy', look good and can be fitted either via the internal 1/2UNF thread or, in the case of plain barrels, used as a slip on kept in place with loctite. Try one and you will see what I mean.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

He hasn't made anymore though has he ? Tried a steel PH on my. 177 95,s can't say they helped