Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Thanks Bob - you make it sound like I can do it at will! I think it was more a case of law of averages - I've shot a lot of 6yd targets over the last few years so sooner or later ....

Frog
    Ha - I know it is a lot harder than that and my congratulations are sincere as I know we won't be seeing many "possibles" on the AIR 8 targets.

I actually think they are more difficult to get the 50 ex 50 on than the 10 pistol meter targets

....I really do need to work harder if I want to try to emulate that and my "new to me" Webley Junior (Mk2) could be just the tool I need to help me achieve it
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

....I really do need to work harder if I want to try to emulate that and my "new to me" Webley Junior (Mk2) could be just the tool I need to help me achieve it
    Err yes.... erm ... perfect tool the precision instrument that is the webley junior. Being closer may help of course - about 9 inches should do it.

A junior was my first ever pistol - purchased brand new in 1970 something from Greenfields in Salisbury (still there!) - I shot it a lot and it was as reliable as stone. Happy days

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Err yes.... erm ... perfect tool the precision instrument that is the webley junior. Being closer may help of course - about 9 inches should do it.

A junior was my first ever pistol - purchased brand new in 1970 something from Greenfields in Salisbury (still there!) - I shot it a lot and it was as reliable as stone. Happy days

Frog
    Well I gave it a go with the WEBLEY Junior and I did hit the target each time but the shots were very high - even with the rear sight down as low as it would go.

The pistol had plenty of power and struck the backstop plate quite hard. The trigger was like an on/off switch but was quite smooth and not too heavy - not bad for an out of the box Junior.

I tried the RWS Basic pellets but the group was huge. I tested Meisterkugeln and got a much better result and the Hobby were also better but the size of the black part of the target was just about as tight a group as it was possible to get.

When I have some time I may make a new rear sight plate that allows me to have a lower position and give it another try - but the way the pistol is delivered it is obviously a 10 meter pistol
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.