Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    scores updated and Duncan is shooting his FWB 80 very well.

Geo

Webley NEMESIS does the job!

I just got back from a short break away in my van and it is raining - and nobody turned up at the club tonight - so I decided to shoot my 6 yard July MPL cards so I can make a belated start to this latest series.

My Webley NEMESIS has not been getting any use this year so I tested it with some Hobby pellets, set the sights for 6 yard shooting and gave it a go.

I am very happy ( surprised would be a better comment) with the results from this British SSP and I enjoyed shooting it too so I can now understand why my fellow RMTC club member JG is so happy with his NEMESIS and have to agree that they are rather good and more accurate than I would have given them credit for!

This could have just been a fluke of course - but it has inspired me to get some of my other old MPL pistols out and into the daylight so I may well try a different combination for my next months cards.

My old type Original Model 6 ( the type with the one piece brown moulded plastic grip) always did shoot better than my later type of Model 6 despite the rather vertical "military grip" so I may well give that one a try and see if it still works better for me than the newer slant grip type.

Initial testing shows that the RWS CO2 pellets work the best in my Model 6 but I have just bought some of the RWS Basic pellets so I will test them as well before deciding what to use next.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Airmatch 600

It is nice to see an Airmatch 600 being used in the 6 yard MPL - the first time we have seen one.

Well done Malcolm - good shooting - and welcome to the competiton.

Scores updated including the running totals up to September.

Best cheers
    George

Tables checked and corrected and more scores updated

George

corrected due to a mess I made pasting results

Must do better
    George

I picked up an Air Match in a bit of a swapsee type of a deal ( like we all do now and again ) and thought it was a 600 - but now I am thinking it is not a 600 so I will identify it first, tidy it up a bit and then maybe try it in this series to see how I get on..if I can find enough strength to cock it and enough will power to hide the pain as I continue to shut my hand in it when I close the loading lever.

It reminds me of Arkwrights till - another a snappy little number
    Last edited by zooma; 21-10-2015 at 06:46 PM.