Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well done to Duncan (frog) he is the first past the post and has submitted all of his scores for this series he is now shooting all of his rifle cards. He went back to his HW40 for the last round.

Best cheers

Another choice of tools for my August rifle attempt - inspired by Russ with his Original Model 35 effort.

This time I used a 1975 HW35 with an HW 13mm dioptre sight fitted and a 3.8 element. This rifle has just had the IJ grease blob tune and shoots pretty good and with plenty of power. It is very accurate from a rest but seems to dislike me holding it

I probably got a bit lucky with the RWS Basic pellets I used this time as some fitted tight and some fitted loose when loading but a few went in the right direction proving that lady luck was with me tonight

Next time I will try a bigger element as it will help to give me a bit a bit more confidence, but as of now the technique is to take a stab at the trigger as the black bit fly's past the end of the barrel as I can't keep it in the middle of the aperture.

I do have an even older (1973) pre safely catch HW35 that is currently having the barrel straightened as the familiar HW barrel droop has been replaced by an upward pointing version

This one has nothing like the power and may actually be a little bit better for target work so when it is back together next week I will give it a try and see how that particular theory works out
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.