Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bob
    Sorry about the wrong pistol as I cut and pasted the info.

AAAAAAH the words Stuart Tuner, lots and lots of these 2T motors were still in use with our yacht club members only a few years ago but slowly they have gone diesel due to spares back up, safety, economy and power. They used a prestigious amount of fuel on the way to Holland if you had to motor sail to get the tide right at the other side. My pal had one in his knife sharpening van and sharpened most of the knives in the City of London restaurants, he keeps it to this day as a pet. They are so heavy compared to the diesels that replaced them and often you could reduce the height of the anti fouling as the yacht sat higher in the water with the Turner, gearbox and massive flywheel gone.

Back to Webleys - only shot one once (two pellets) strange little thing.

Geo

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Bob
    Sorry about the wrong pistol as I cut and pasted the info.

Back to Webleys - only shot one once (two pellets) strange little thing.

Geo
    I think my hand is bigger than the Junior pistol so it will be fun working out how I am going to hold it - first thoughts include changing my trigger finger to the next one down and laying my index finger along the outside of the compression chamber.

This would lower the pistol in my hand ( a good thing) but I would have to pull the trigger with untrained finger ( not so good) and hold it steady with just the two remaining fingers around the grip ( not at all sure about that).

This could be fun
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi,

I had a go with my HW40 this time - I have it fitted with a 'hogue handall' slip on grip and a trigger shoe. It really does shoot well for a £100 pistol. The hogue makes a big difference. The trigger shoe is there 'cause I found it while working on the pistol
    Shot a 50 at 6yds on a practice target - not something I do often these days!

The trigger is very light and crisp after a fettling the other day. I had floppy trigger syndrome - happens with HW40s.... trigger just flops about having taken up the first stage if you do not release the shot. Took it apart and put it back together and its fine - not sure what fixed it!

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hi,

Shot a 50 at 6yds on a practice target - not something I do often these days!

Frog
    Congratulations and well done!

Very few people can shoot a perfect 50 ex 50 on the NSRA 6 yard AIR 8 pistol targets.

Note to self - "must try harder"

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Congratulations and well done!

Very few people can shoot a perfect 50 ex 50 on the NSRA 6 yard AIR 8 pistol targets.

Note to self - "must try harder"
    Thanks Bob - you make it sound like I can do it at will! I think it was more a case of law of averages - I've shot a lot of 6yd targets over the last few years so sooner or later ....

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Thanks Bob - you make it sound like I can do it at will! I think it was more a case of law of averages - I've shot a lot of 6yd targets over the last few years so sooner or later ....

Frog
    Ha - I know it is a lot harder than that and my congratulations are sincere as I know we won't be seeing many "possibles" on the AIR 8 targets.

I actually think they are more difficult to get the 50 ex 50 on than the 10 pistol meter targets

....I really do need to work harder if I want to try to emulate that and my "new to me" Webley Junior (Mk2) could be just the tool I need to help me achieve it

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

....I really do need to work harder if I want to try to emulate that and my "new to me" Webley Junior (Mk2) could be just the tool I need to help me achieve it
    Err yes.... erm ... perfect tool the precision instrument that is the webley junior. Being closer may help of course - about 9 inches should do it.

A junior was my first ever pistol - purchased brand new in 1970 something from Greenfields in Salisbury (still there!) - I shot it a lot and it was as reliable as stone. Happy days

Frog