Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Scores updated - and another fwb 65 being used

Geo

Seals for Air Match - anyone?

I started to catch-up with my MPL tonight and since I have just cleaned and walnut oil dressed the grip of my "new to me" Air Match 650 I took some Meiserkugeln pellets and risked another blood blister and started to shoot.

I have called this pistol Arkwright after the till in "open all hours" as that is what it reminds me of every time I cock it and risk trapping my fingers/thumb/hand parts between the lever and the cylinder as it snaps shut but it does look good and shoots well - or it did for a while

Well Arkwright and I started OK but I was sure I could hear a hissing sound as I went along and finally decided to hold the cocked ( but not loaded) pistol to my ear when the steady hissing sound from the breach/trigger area was confirmed.

This required an urgent dive into the cupboard and out came the substitute - my Original Model 10 for the October cards.

Very little difference was seen on the score cards between the SSP and the springer and although changing pistols mid-way was not the intended plan it was good fun and I enjoyed the change.

.....now I need to find some seals for my Air Match - anybody know who might have some? If not the ALDI SSP First Aid box ("O" ring set) may be pressed into action again,
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

.....now I need to find some seals for my Air Match - anybody know who might have some? If not the ALDI SSP First Aid box ("O" ring set) may be pressed into action again,
    Hi Bob,

last time I resealed my airmatch 600 I used a seal set I had bought for a fas 604 - MOST but not all the seals where the same sizes. The only seal I recall being tougher than your Aldi seals are likely to be is the piston seal - which if I recall correctly (this was 15 years ago!) was a translucent material (and I used the FAS one).

Cheers

Frog