Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
Err yes.... erm ... perfect tool the precision instrument that is the webley junior. Being closer may help of course - about 9 inches should do it.

A junior was my first ever pistol - purchased brand new in 1970 something from Greenfields in Salisbury (still there!) - I shot it a lot and it was as reliable as stone. Happy days

Frog
Well I gave it a go with the WEBLEY Junior and I did hit the target each time but the shots were very high - even with the rear sight down as low as it would go.

The pistol had plenty of power and struck the backstop plate quite hard. The trigger was like an on/off switch but was quite smooth and not too heavy - not bad for an out of the box Junior.

I tried the RWS Basic pellets but the group was huge. I tested Meisterkugeln and got a much better result and the Hobby were also better but the size of the black part of the target was just about as tight a group as it was possible to get.

When I have some time I may make a new rear sight plate that allows me to have a lower position and give it another try - but the way the pistol is delivered it is obviously a 10 meter pistol