Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Yup missed that one now corrected - sorry Duncan
    Cheers George.

Duncan

Last Few Days........

We are now into the last few days of the 2015 Autumn/Winter competition so some of us need to "get a move on" and get those last few targets shot and send the results in the George.

I also know some of you have already shot your cards but have not yet sent the scores in to George ( no names Xdriver) but the sooner all the scores are sent in to George the easier it will be for him to get them all listed and checked for us.

George has also completed the trophies for this series and they will be with me and ready to send out to the winners as soon as all the results are known.

We will have a "shut-off" date when we can no longer accept any late scores to prevent it "dragging-on" for too long as it may begin to interfere with the new 2016 Spring/Summer series that starts 1st January 2016.

The last date that we can accept any scores for this 2015 competition will be the Sunday January 10th 2016 so anyone who has been away for Christmas still has two weekends to catch-up and complete their scores - very generous and fair for everyone I think

Good shooting everyone! - and I hope you all get your entries in for the new 2016 series as soon as you can. I have just bought a stack of new targets for the 2016 competition and so we are ready to get them sent out to you now!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

First Rifle Score for October

In an attempt to catch-up with my Autumn/Winter MPL scores I shot another round of rifle targets last night and found that I was the FIRST person to submit my October rifle scores.

Since I am unlikely to be FIRST at anything else to do with target rifle shooting I thought I would mention it here as it could be my only claim to glory this year!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ...The last date that we can accept any scores for this 2015 competition will be the Sunday January 10th 2016...
    Indeed very fair Bob.

Thought I'd tripped up there , I went out for a beer last Friday thinking I'd get the last cards shot before the Year's end. Only got home yesterday.

Oct & Nov scores sent in to George and I'll shoot the final ones tomorrow when the shakes have subsided. Darts party tonight...

As a late entry to the rifle comp, I'm steeling myself to do the whole thing in a single evening (or spread over a couple of evenings if that's too hard), with the cut-off date looming close!

But I am getting ready... the Original 66 is propped up against the computer as I type.

So, sorry George, my scores will be arriving in one go. However, they're not likely to affect the medal positions.

ATB - Phil

No problem Phil just get shooting!

Scores updated again with some super rifle scores from 18wheeler!

George

And there was me thinking Mr Manywheels can only shoot off a sandbag...

Well I've done four months out of the six, and it's not going well George.

I'm shooting like a bad lover.

That is changing technique every two minutes, and going bang at the wrong times.

I've not scored any cards yet, but I'm sure to be well below my (already poor) normal index.

I call on excuse #37 (bad back).

And the shutoff date draws ever closer...

It's not easy this match shooting lark, is it?

Phil

Oh phil you make me blush I just don't know what you mean!!!

Keep at it is a game of war and attrition.

Best cheers
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    And there was me thinking Mr Manywheels can only shoot off a sandbag...

Well I've done four months out of the six, and it's not going well George.

I'm shooting like a bad lover.

That is changing technique every two minutes, and going bang at the wrong times.

I've not scored any cards yet, but I'm sure to be well below my (already poor) normal index.

I call on excuse #37 (bad back).

And the shutoff date draws ever closer...

It's not easy this match shooting lark, is it?

Phil

Hi Phil,

The answer is to get your 2016 Spring/Summer entry in NOW so you have much more time to get to grips with your Model 66 at 6 yards - "multi-wheeler" also shoots a Model 66 so you can gain some inspiration from that - perhaps

It is nice to see that we have a few more entries in the rifle section for the new competition - so it will be good to see what classics are being pressed into regular MPL service.

Best regards - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-01-2016 at 09:35 AM.