Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Scores updated - and another fwb 65 being used

Geo

Seals for Air Match - anyone?

I started to catch-up with my MPL tonight and since I have just cleaned and walnut oil dressed the grip of my "new to me" Air Match 650 I took some Meiserkugeln pellets and risked another blood blister and started to shoot.

I have called this pistol Arkwright after the till in "open all hours" as that is what it reminds me of every time I cock it and risk trapping my fingers/thumb/hand parts between the lever and the cylinder as it snaps shut but it does look good and shoots well - or it did for a while

Well Arkwright and I started OK but I was sure I could hear a hissing sound as I went along and finally decided to hold the cocked ( but not loaded) pistol to my ear when the steady hissing sound from the breach/trigger area was confirmed.

This required an urgent dive into the cupboard and out came the substitute - my Original Model 10 for the October cards.

Very little difference was seen on the score cards between the SSP and the springer and although changing pistols mid-way was not the intended plan it was good fun and I enjoyed the change.

.....now I need to find some seals for my Air Match - anybody know who might have some? If not the ALDI SSP First Aid box ("O" ring set) may be pressed into action again,
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

bob's scores just added and it looks like he is going to try out every pistol he has in this series but it is not holding him back any!!!

Geo

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    bob's scores just added and it looks like he is going to try out every pistol he has in this series but it is not holding him back any!!!

Geo
    Sadly I can't find anything that helps me score any better - I think I must have peaked

Maybe I should try the sacred FWB 103?

I doubt that will help it would make me smile

Rifle Competition

Although we have had a few entries for the rifle MPL we have only had two brave soldiers who have actually submitted any scores

Although both rifle shooters are doing very well they must be getting lonely so how about those of you who have already entered consider getting started to punch some holes and submit your scores.

And any one that thinks that those who are in the competition are getting an easy ride to winning one of Georges superb end of season trophies should consider starting to shoot right now to see if they can make it a little more difficult for them .

You will find it is harder than it looks ( I did ).

To help the cause I have dusted off my HW55T and bunged some Meisterkugeln (pistol) pellets through it and sent my July scores in to George.

I will make some effort to improve but to be honest I find it hard work with a rifle and shooting some practice cards followed by the six match cards has worn me out!

I also found the 3.8 Perspex sight element on the rifle to be a bit too small for my eyesight and would like to find something a fair bit bigger! I found a 4.0 Perspex sight but I would like one even larger than that to be honest.

Maybe when I stop wobbling about so much I can handle a smaller front element but right now I am sure a larger one would help me quite a lot.

Anyway, I have made a start and probably got lucky with a few of the shots as well so I am encouraged to try again and have a go at the August cards over the next few days.

I am hoping a few more will be encouraged to jump onboard and boost the numbers a bit

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ...To help the cause I have dusted off my HW55T and bunged some Meisterkugeln (pistol) pellets through it and sent my July scores in to George...

I also found the 3.8 Perspex sight element on the rifle to be a bit too small for my eyesight and would like to find something a fair bit bigger!..
    Which reminds me, I must send "G" my September scores, I've only shot 3 of the October cards so need to pick up the pace a bit .

You wouldn't like the element on my 66 then Bob, it's the one I use for bell target and some people find it a bit ickle for that .

Looking forward to seeing how the HW55 performed...

For two pins, I'd dust of my own '66 and do a last-minute (almost drive-by), MPL season.

My perspex sight is a whopping 4.6mm. That's the biggest 'beginner's element' I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    For two pins, I'd dust of my own '66 and do a last-minute (almost drive-by), MPL season.

My perspex sight is a whopping 4.6mm. That's the biggest 'beginner's element' I have.
    I will send you THREE pins with your MPL entry pack if you can get your entry in to me tonight so I can post your entry pack to you tomorrow morning to arrive in time for the weekend.

I have just shot my July cards this morning - I am not a good rifle shooter but I want to boost the numbers to give this competition the support it deserves.

Shooting a total of 36 cards between now and the end of the year is not such a problem so get that Model 66 dusted off and give it a go

4.6 - 5.0 is the size of element I am thinking would work well on those big black dots so I can see more of them as they fly past me every few mili-seconds - it would give me more of a chance to stab at the trigger as they fly past

You are thinking about doing some "drive by" shooting - I am already doing some "fly-by shooting!!

I will send you THREE pins with your MPL entry pack if you can get your entry in to me tonight so I can post your entry pack to you tomorrow morning to arrive in time for the weekend.
    Thanks Bob Save your pins (they'd probably be detected in the mail as weapons!), and I'll do a bank transfer right away!

Do you still have my address from last season, or do I PM you with it?

Thanks Bob Save your pins (they'd probably be detected in the mail as weapons!), and I'll do a bank transfer right away!

Do you still have my address from last season, or do I PM you with it?
    I dont keep anyone address details so please send me a PM or email and I will get your entry away to you tomorrow morning - without the pins!

Thanks for your support !

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Which reminds me, I must send "G" my September scores, I've only shot 3 of the October cards so need to pick up the pace a bit .

You wouldn't like the element on my 66 then Bob, it's the one I use for bell target and some people find it a bit ickle for that .

Looking forward to seeing how the HW55 performed...
    The HW55T performed faultlessly. I set it up to shoot at 6 yards and it was able to hit 50 ex 50 on several cards - from a rest!

Unfortunately the shooter let the rifle down big time as the model T already showed what it could do so my interference with its potential is what we are left with

I dont keep anyone address details so please send me a PM or email and I will get your entry away to you tomorrow morning - without the pins!

Thanks for your support !
    (All done, and PM sent - Thanks Bob - Looking forward to it )

.....now I need to find some seals for my Air Match - anybody know who might have some? If not the ALDI SSP First Aid box ("O" ring set) may be pressed into action again,
    Hi Bob,

last time I resealed my airmatch 600 I used a seal set I had bought for a fas 604 - MOST but not all the seals where the same sizes. The only seal I recall being tougher than your Aldi seals are likely to be is the piston seal - which if I recall correctly (this was 15 years ago!) was a translucent material (and I used the FAS one).

Cheers

Frog

Few scores went in today and Zooma is shooting a rifle too.

Geo

(All done, and PM sent - Thanks Bob - Looking forward to it )
    Your rifle entry pack was sent out today and should ( Royal Mail permitting) be with you tomorrow