Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Your rifle entry pack was sent out today and should ( Royal Mail permitting) be with you tomorrow
    Match pack received in yesterday's post as forecast. Thanks Bob.

Unfortunately, I am two stickers short of a full set.

There are two full sheets, plus a part-sheet of three rows of two. Making a total of 34 stickers.

I've triple-checked inside the envelopes and all around, so I'm sure the two stickers are missing.

Could they have been left somewhere in your workspace Bob?

ATB - Phil

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

There are two full sheets, plus a part-sheet of three rows of two. Making a total of 34 stickers.

I've triple-checked inside the envelopes and all around, so I'm sure the two stickers are missing.

ATB - Phil
    It has been noticed
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    It has been noticed
    I just knew there'd be some sniggering at the back.

ATB - Phil
    Hi Phil,

Sorry!!

I put in two full sheets of stickers = 28 + threes rows of two = 34 + one pair of stickers on their own = 36.

Sounds like the last pair are missing so I will check my desk as it looks like they failed to make the trip although I thought I folded them up together before putting them in the envelope.

I will get it sorted for you before you need to shoot them !

Best regards,

Bob
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Phil,

Sorry!!

I put in two full sheets of stickers = 28 + threes rows of two = 34 + one pair of stickers on their own = 36.

Sounds like the last pair are missing so I will check my desk as it looks like they failed to make the trip although I thought I folded them up together before putting them in the envelope.

I will get it sorted for you before you need to shoot them !

Best regards,

Bob
    Thanks Bob. Sorry to be a 'pain'.

I've searched the area twice more, and I'm quite certain that they're not here.

ATB - Phil

ATB - Phil
    Not your fault Phil - I should have double checked before sealing the envelope.

Bob.

I am hoping to enter an HW35 in the next MPL competition if I can find a 13mm wide dioptre to fit it.

I picked-up an old 1973 model last week and although it has no blue left it is not at all bad for the age and following a strip and clean when IJ visited during the week it is a nice sweet shooting rifle.

The rifle is a little down on power but it still has enough to shoot well at 6 yards and could be ideal to enter something a little different in the MPL rifle series.

Hopefully this would also encourage a few more to support this excellent "shoot from home" competition as almost any .177 rifle can be shot with open sights or dioptre sights and achieve respectable scores.

Most .177 air rifles are more accurate than the shooter - especially is you can find one with a nice smooth trigger.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-11-2015 at 11:32 AM.

ATB - Phil

Found 'em - under some papers on my desk !

I have put them in an envelope and they will be on the way to you tomorrow!

I hope you have not been waiting to shoot those last two cards - especially in this cold weather

Sorry again - not sure how that happened

Scores updated and welcome to Phatman shooting an original 35

GEEEEZ I sold my one last month - .22 version - such a well made rifle and had it since 1977, most of the last 30 + years in my loft, till I got back into this stuff and serviced it. My daughter shot it at the club range for a while and showed she could see enough to shoot using a scope so was replaced with an Ultra. Decided it would never really be used much so let a pal at work have it to get rid of rats - works well too.

Geo

Found 'em - under some papers on my desk !

I have put them in an envelope and they will be on the way to you tomorrow!

I hope you have not been waiting to shoot those last two cards - especially in this cold weather

Sorry again - not sure how that happened
    Yay! Thanks Bob.

Those Avery Labels™ are slippery little blighters.

I always liked your 'old school' ink stamps, to be fair...

Yay! Thanks Bob.

Those Avery Labels™ are slippery little blighters.

I always liked your 'old school' ink stamps, to be fair...
    If they didn't take so long to do we would still be using the old rubber stamp thingy but I just did not have the time to stamp every card and it was slowing down the delivery of the entry packs.

Now you have everything you need to try and hit a lower score than me with the rifle

I am looking at this like a slow bicycle race where the last one wins

Bob,

Oi - that's my job to get the lower scores

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

I think you might struggle to maintian a monopoly on that Russ

Well done to Duncan (frog) he is the first past the post and has submitted all of his scores for this series he is now shooting all of his rifle cards. He went back to his HW40 for the last round.

Best cheers

Another choice of tools for my August rifle attempt - inspired by Russ with his Original Model 35 effort.

This time I used a 1975 HW35 with an HW 13mm dioptre sight fitted and a 3.8 element. This rifle has just had the IJ grease blob tune and shoots pretty good and with plenty of power. It is very accurate from a rest but seems to dislike me holding it

I probably got a bit lucky with the RWS Basic pellets I used this time as some fitted tight and some fitted loose when loading but a few went in the right direction proving that lady luck was with me tonight

Next time I will try a bigger element as it will help to give me a bit a bit more confidence, but as of now the technique is to take a stab at the trigger as the black bit fly's past the end of the barrel as I can't keep it in the middle of the aperture.

I do have an even older (1973) pre safely catch HW35 that is currently having the barrel straightened as the familiar HW barrel droop has been replaced by an upward pointing version

This one has nothing like the power and may actually be a little bit better for target work so when it is back together next week I will give it a try and see how that particular theory works out