Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MPL Results Autumn series

Scores updated and showing overall that now includes December scores as they come in.

Best cheers
    George

Walther LGV.

A few years ago I acquired an old Walther LGV - a nice old rifle with a heavy barrel sleeve and for some reason it was locked up safely in a rifle safe and forgotten about - I think it was the heavy sleeve that initially put me off.

Anyway, I rediscovered it last week and gave it a quick wipe-over and unscrewed the cap at the end of the barrel so I could remove the foresight unit and then the heavy sleeve was able to slide off as well. I thought the barrel underneath would be rusted but it was nicely blued and it looked to be in good condition.

Once the foresight unit was replaced the rifle was transformed and felt much better balanced so I put the heavy sleeve and retainer cap back in the safe and put a few shots through the rifle and then used it to shoot my September cards with.

I noticed that the RWS Basic pellets were a much better fit in this rifle than they had been in my HW barrels so I used them for this series of cards but did no testing to see if they were the best grouping choice. The rifle shot very well considering it had just been woken-up and had plenty of power showing no signs of its age or the neglect it has suffered over the years.

If I had practiced a little and given the rifle more time to "settle in" after its long hibernation period I think the results could have been better, but given all the circumstances I was more than pleased with the rifle and the scores - the rifle being better than the shooter ( as is usually the case when I play with them).

The rifle shows no signs of ever being taken apart and this in turn means that at around 50 years of age ( thought to be made in 1964) it is about to get its first service since it was built. I am sure it will benefit from some cleaning and fresh modern lubrication and may shoot even better next time.

Shooting Classic airguns is good fun - and the MPL is a good excuse to take them out to play with now and again rather than just looking at them - or even worse keeping them locked away "out of sight and out of mind" (like I did with this one ).

Choosing to use a different type of Classic air rifle or pistol as often as possible is not going to do your scores any good but it is certainly a lot of good enjoyable fun.....and for me that is what the MPL is all about
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Duncan (frog) is now off the starting with the rifle and scores are updated

All scores updated

missing score

Hi George,

my December score is missing from the MPL pistol overall scores for July to December.

Cheers

Duncan

Yup missed that one now corrected - sorry Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Yup missed that one now corrected - sorry Duncan
    Cheers George.

Duncan

Last Few Days........

We are now into the last few days of the 2015 Autumn/Winter competition so some of us need to "get a move on" and get those last few targets shot and send the results in the George.

I also know some of you have already shot your cards but have not yet sent the scores in to George ( no names Xdriver) but the sooner all the scores are sent in to George the easier it will be for him to get them all listed and checked for us.

George has also completed the trophies for this series and they will be with me and ready to send out to the winners as soon as all the results are known.

We will have a "shut-off" date when we can no longer accept any late scores to prevent it "dragging-on" for too long as it may begin to interfere with the new 2016 Spring/Summer series that starts 1st January 2016.

The last date that we can accept any scores for this 2015 competition will be the Sunday January 10th 2016 so anyone who has been away for Christmas still has two weekends to catch-up and complete their scores - very generous and fair for everyone I think

Good shooting everyone! - and I hope you all get your entries in for the new 2016 series as soon as you can. I have just bought a stack of new targets for the 2016 competition and so we are ready to get them sent out to you now!

First Rifle Score for October

In an attempt to catch-up with my Autumn/Winter MPL scores I shot another round of rifle targets last night and found that I was the FIRST person to submit my October rifle scores.

Since I am unlikely to be FIRST at anything else to do with target rifle shooting I thought I would mention it here as it could be my only claim to glory this year!

Hi all
    A lot of scores have just came in and have been recorded and updated on here - well done guys!

I'm off now until Boxing Day so you will see no updates after this missive as we are hitting the road.

Have a great xmas and have fun improving your sport over the hols

Geo

George,

Looks like my August rifle scores are missing (probably a good thing )

Russ Olphert (PhatMan) Rifle August 2015 : 36 + 36 + 37 + 32 + 38 + 42 = 221, Orginal 35, JSB Match Green (7.33 gr.)

Have fun & a great Christmas & New Year

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    George,

Looks like my August rifle scores are missing (probably a good thing )

Russ Olphert (PhatMan) Rifle August 2015 : 36 + 36 + 37 + 32 + 38 + 42 = 221, Orginal 35, JSB Match Green (7.33 gr.)

Have fun & a great Christmas & New Year

Best regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

I just shot my November rifle cards tonight - now its time for Christmas !

Have a good one!

Bob.

Bob,

Merry Christmas

(and a Merry Christmas to all on 'BBS )

I was going to do the December cards yesterday, but ended up having too many 'sherbets', so postponed the idea until Boxing Day

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Bob,

I was going to do the December cards yesterday, but ended up having too many 'sherbets', so postponed the idea until Boxing Day

Russ
    I also have Boxing Day penciled in to shoot my December rifle and pistol cards but at this time of year it is not always the best idea to assume that all plans like this remain unchallenged :roll eyes:

..but if I get the chance - this will be the plan

Russ
    Happy xmas and yup you are right your rifle scores were missing on here - on my spread sheet but not uploaded to here - a thousand pardons! now all correct but now to update due to all you good people sending me scores over the last few days while I was away.

Best cheers

George