Thread: BSA 240 Magnum value ?

BSA 240 Magnum value ?

I've not got pictures unfortunately as the pistol belongs to a friend, he was asking what it's worth.
    Its boxed with the correct serial number (AN 02447) on the label, along with the UK spec and .22 stickers, the original paperwork is with it, it's got an intact polystyrene tray with a small allen key in a resealable bag and a plastic tube with e few pellets in. It's like new except one tiny ding on the left side grip which was pointed out to me by the owner, I didn't notice it until then..
    He's going to replace the breach seal, it's the later allen key type but the rubber is a bit damaged.
    It shot quite consistently at 3.4ft/lbs and as far as I could tell, it's never been opened up.

Any idea what it's worth please , I'm not an airpistol person so hadn't a clue when he asked.
    Thanks
    Nick.
    Rust never sleeps !

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    £100 (ish)

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    For a boxed really nice undamaged example - I think it'd be worth nearer the 130-150 mark, If it had been .177 maybe a bit more.
    Deduct as necessary for unpictured damage and replacement seals if he doesn't do them first.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    For a boxed really nice undamaged example - I think it'd be worth nearer the 130-150 mark, If it had been .177 maybe a bit more.
    Deduct as necessary for unpictured damage and replacement seals if he doesn't do them first.
    I will second that,I think that is right on the money. I picked one up in the same condition as you describe with box and all it's paperwork/extras etc for £100 and considered that I had got myself a real bargain,I couldn't get the money out fast enough and I am known to be...shall we say rather careful with money :s

Thank you for the swift replies Gentlemen. I shall pass that on to him
    I don't think he's looking to sell it, I believe it belonged to a member of his family or a friend and recently came into his possession.
    Thanks again
    Nick.
    Rust never sleeps !

Thumbs up

Hi

I have two of these pistols, I paid £30 for the bottom (silver) one and £80 for the top one, This was quite a few years ago but I think they were both 'Bargainous'

The silver one had been 'Moulded' to someone's leff handed grip with carbody filler and painted black so I had to remove it and refinish the grip

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

They are a fine pistol and fun to shoot when you have managed to suss the gun out.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !