Thread: Idea of price for a boxed Webley Senior with instructions in excellent condition.

Idea of price for a boxed Webley Senior with instructions in excellent condition.

As title. I have been asked to sell a boxed Webley Senior but first I'd like to find out what sort of price it might fetch.
    It is a Webley Senior serial number S9483 in its original box. The instruction leaflet is present in good condition as is a short cleaning brush, an unopened- oblong not round-tin of .22 pellets, 11 darts together with a few assorted small leaflets. The pistol is in excellent used condition with decent bluing and works as it should. The grips are bakelite.
    What sort of money would something like this fetch? I'll put photos up soon.
    Please note that this thread is NOT at this stage a sales advert and any PM's or emails offering on it will be ignored. As soon as I have a realistic idea of what it will fetch it will be put up for sale here and elsewhere so. as they say, watch this space!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

senior

A valuation for this gun has already been asked for. Why not try looking at a recent thread entitled "Webley Senior" ?
    Last edited by webman; 15-08-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    A valuation for this gun has already been asked for. Why not try looking at a recent thread entitled "Webley Senior" ?
    Thanks for that. What a coincidence that I bought the pistol asked about at a public auction today? Looks like I did the right thing.

Value - 20% less than you paid today then!

Hello,

The oblong pellet tin is pre-war if it has "FOR AIR PISTOLS & AIR RIFLE" rather than "FOR AIR PISTOLS & AIR RIFLES" and has the full Weaman Sreet address on the front of the lid. This would increase the value by an appreciable amount, especially if unopened and with the sealing tape intact.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

The oblong pellet tin is pre-war if it has "FOR AIR PISTOLS & AIR RIFLE" rather than "FOR AIR PISTOLS & AIR RIFLES" and has the full Weaman Sreet address on the front of the lid. This would increase the value by an appreciable amount, especially if unopened and with the sealing tape intact.

Regards

Brian
    Sadly the pellet tins are post war.