Thread: walther LG300 from 6 to 12ftp

walther LG300 from 6 to 12ftp

Hi to all how easy to convert LG300 from 6 to 12ftp for a bit of fun to shoot 50m in the garden
    and who is the person to do the job
    Regards Alan

The Dominator has another regulator (12Ftp) and longer barrel.
    Biggest issue is the cockinglever though. The 6Ftp LG300s cocking lever doesnt give any room for a scope
    ATB,
    yana

Cocking Lever.

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    The Dominator has another regulator (12Ftp) and longer barrel.
    Biggest issue is the cockinglever though. The 6Ftp LG300s cocking lever doesnt give any room for a scope
    hi .
    I had the cocking lever shortened on my LG300 alutec .
    A scope now fits on high rings with both rings on the front tube of the scope and front rail.
    The reason both rings are on the front rail is because with shorter scopes the ring mounted on the back rail will no allow the cocking lever to come back far enough. Also the target turrets need to be forward enough so as not to interfere with the cocking lever.
    I can post a picture by E/mail if it would be of help.
    I have used this rifle for Benchrest and it shoots very well. John F.

To answer your question .... YES ! It can be done , some say it can't due to the barrel being shorter but I say "have you done a conversion or just passing on stories"

Parts required are:-

12ftlb reg
    12ftlb hammer & spring
    Dominator probe /spring / rear spring clip
    Either shorten the lever or buy an off set one

The only difference the 10m block and the dominator have is 10m rifles either have one of two systems fitted depending on the age this absorber comes out via the rear of the block (an Allen screw ) where as the dommi has a 10m hole for the probe to slide in and the rear spring clip to hold the spring in place

Barrel wise I've converted my lg300 and it shoots spot on one hole groups on a still day out to 50yds with a steady hand

Steve