Thread: Feeling it now!!

Feeling it now!!

Just got back from the 50m range and being a warm day i went in t shirt and shorts. A couple of us where shooting 577 rifles
    and we had a good session. 3 hours later and my shoulder is aching like a good un.!! Minnie over 60grns of TS2 in a Musketoon
    in just a t shirt, ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Just got back from the 50m range and being a warm day i went in t shirt and shorts. A couple of us where shooting 577 rifles
    and we had a good session. 3 hours later and my shoulder is aching like a good un.!! Minnie over 60grns of TS2 in a Musketoon
    in just a t shirt, ho hum.
    No sympathy here.

Put it down to a 'life experience'.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    No sympathy here.

Put it down to a 'life experience'.

tac
    Lol....nor here as I always shoot in my green m65 coat as those metal butt plates can hurt.....I learnt my lesson shooting my 8 mm verguiro Mauser in just a t shirt and that's why it's nicknamed the beast

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    Lol....nor here as I always shoot in my green m65 coat as those metal butt plates can hurt.....I learnt my lesson shooting my 8 mm verguiro Mauser in just a t shirt and that's why it's nicknamed the beast
    My great lesson came about shooting a Natal Native Police Martin-Enfield carbine in .303 Cordite. I was twelve years old, and knew it all.

Two shots later I realised that I knew nothing.

tac

still must great fun shooting them ,what sort of score's did you get?? tim.

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    If that question was intended for me, then the answer was a nearby mountainside.

You'll be overjoyed to learn that both shots hit it.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    If that question was intended for me, then the answer was a nearby mountainside.

You'll be overjoyed to learn that both shots hit it.

tac
    no for tim,however nice to hear your shooting the mountainside TWICE lol down there .

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    Actually not bad (ISH) at 50m. 10 out of 15 in the black freehand, mate Ady hit the same number with his 2 band
    although hes a wuss for a big lad. He only uses 50grns with patched round ball so next to no recoil. Great fun with
    plenty of smoke/flame/bang all tied together with a dollop of friendly banter.
    One of the probationary members had a couple of goes and i recon he's just increased his "want" list.

I use to use 85gns over a 480gn bullet in a martini but reduced it to around 75gns now

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    I use to use 85gns over a 480gn bullet in a martini but reduced it to around 75gns now
    When i started looking at loads i worked upto a load of 80grns which shot really well but really rattled the teeth after only a couple of shots.
    Great if your life depended on it but for paper punching at 50m uncomfortable to put it mildly. I gradually reduced the load down to 60grns
    and found it wasn't quite as accurate but not far off and at least the bruises go down after a few days.
    Don't forget the Musketoon is a light rifle so that big old slug of lead with a stout load is a bit lively. Love it.!! Theres something
    about making your own ammo and actually hitting the target that can't be explained to someone who's never tried it. Tim

And there I was shooting my boom stick (Mosin M44 carbine) with old Chinese ammo with two feet of flame out the front and a hefty whack in the shoulder, a mere novice I bow to your strong shoulders...