Thread: A&M Cylinder HW100 a bit dissapointed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A&M Cylinder HW100 a bit dissapointed

I ordered one of A&M cylinders which arrived this morning. I fitted it as per instruction and seemed to seat in my HW100 just fine. However I'm not able to fill it with air, the probe they supplied is not letting any out. It just like I've put a stopper on the end of the hose. When I release the cylinder it immediately shoots to 300 bar and starts to vent a few seconds later, a safety feature on my cylinder I assume. Even with the probe free from the cylinder nothing comes out and there doesn't seem to be any foreign object causing a blockage. A fellow club member said the original HW100 probe should work but mine seems slightly thicker and wont fit inside the A&M cylinder. I don't know if that's because it's brand new and hasn't worn down a bit, but yeah it's defiantly not going in there.

Bearing in mind this is highly compressed air safety and testing should be A&M's top priority, seems a bit of a poor show to be honest. I've tried messaging and calling A&M but they appear to be closed and had no response.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

A&M are closed Mondays & Tuesdays. Give them a call tomorrow, I'm sure they will sort you out.

That's really unusual mate. I've had several of their cylinders and never had a problem. As above, give them a bell after 2 tomorrow and they'll sort you out.

Chris

I bought a new one from Adi,and he fitted it.I couldnt fill it,took it back (50miles) he filled it on his bottle and proceeded to argue my two bottles were faulty.Took it home,tried to refill and again couldnt.I realised the probe had no hole in it ! To be fair,they sent one first class,but an apology would have been nice

A friend of mine had three bad ones in a row, got his money back as he lost faith in the product. I've heard many other horror stories about A&M cylinders.
    I had my own nightmare with A&M themselves but that's another story!

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Ohh I'm glad this thread came to light, I was actually contemplating buying one of their cylinders for my new HW100.

Think I will give it a miss now
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Deltawing View Post
    . A fellow club member said the original HW100 probe should work but mine seems slightly thicker and wont fit inside the A&M cylinder.
    No it won't HW100 original probe is thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter 001 View Post
    No it won't HW100 original probe is thicker.
    Yes it will. I've got 2 A&M cylinders and it fits both.
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by richierich View Post
    Yes it will. I've got 2 A&M cylinders and it fits both.
    I had two A&M cylinders, one carbine other is full length. They both came with black filling probe which is thinner than the original HW100. I think there is new A&M cylinder so yours could be different from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter 001 View Post
    I had two A&M cylinders, one carbine other is full length. They both came with black filling probe which is thinner than the original HW100. I think there is new A&M cylinder so yours could be different from mine.
    Both within a year old, with the new style gauge
    Ex-Airgunner