Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A&M Cylinder HW100 a bit dissapointed

You are dead right Chris , this thread was about A&M cylinders , NOT about other after market cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by Deltawing View Post
    Any way none of this will really matter in a day or two as A&M have promised a replacement probe and I have no reason to believe they wont deliver.
    Good result!

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    You're right mate, but the subject you raised is about A&M cylinders. The Ginb incident is completely unrelated to them and some other posts warning of high pressure and suggesting A&M may not be up to standard (without actually saying that) were just sh## stirring.

Chris
    The reason i jumped in on it was to make sure no-one got the wrong end of the stick regarding A&M cylinders. I've seen many threads with the same outcome (simple question, and some people tar it with incorrect facts or damaging reputation), and didn't want it to go in that direction. I've had no problem with A&M, same as many other happy customers, but some people have, and at the end of the day we are all human and mistakes happen. Cylinders there are no shortcuts, they have to be 100% as they are under enormous pressure, but a filling probe, well, it's being replaced and they have acknowledged the issue.
    AFAIK, they buy the probes in, and have them anodised the same as the cylinders, so it may well be something outside of A&M's control, but doesn't detract from the fact they should have tested the probe beforehand so hopefully it will not happen in the future.

But, All's well that ends well
    Ex-Airgunner

All is well the probe arrived this morning and so now able to fill the A&M Cylinder
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Question

That's good news.
    How much lighter is it than the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by andyroot View Post
    That's good news.
    How much lighter is it than the original one.
    Full length is about 400g lighter than the standard steel quickfill. I weighed both when my first one arrived. Not sure on the carbine model though, didn't weigh it.
    Ex-Airgunner

HW100 A&M cylinder

Here are pictures for my both carbine and full length cylinders showing weight difference.
    They have transformed the rifle to very light, well balanced, not nose heavy, and more shots too.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...scih4z1hg.jpg/

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...pscih4z1hg.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...psdn8dgpsf.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...psvlbythp8.jpg

That's a big weight difference .
    I have just weighed my s200 cylinder 690g. I might give A+M a call because I like a light gun and I think they do one for the s200.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    What did happen?

In my humble opinion, Weihrauch have manufactured their cylinders to work with their rifles. They would have probably gone through hundreds of hours of development and testing so that we can safely put 200bar of pressure right next to our faces.

My HW100kt is the best rifle I've ever had. Until it's broken, I'm not going to try to fix it.

HW I understand supply Steels to comply with the laws of the land.
    The upside is good engineering except for the Mk1's which stipped the bot5les brass thread....now sorted.
    However the downside is the weight and the nose heavy feel which I personally dislike.
    I switched to a Venom from Steve Pope and perfectly happy.
    Also Steve is ace and any issues he is on it like a Lampreye in a blood bank.
    I do not have any concerns re safety of Venom/ FX cylinders.
    They are high pressure vessels and suitably tested to have a sufficient level of integrity for over pressure fills.
    I would be happy to buy anothe venom tube and happy to recommend them too.
    Cannot comment on A&M as never bought one.....but I have heard comments re quality before.
    Maybe a bit of reading between the lines is required here.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

secretagentmole Guest
    You can take them back any time Paul and they'll check them over for nowt like you say.
    The scare mongering is a bit daft imo because the two safety devices preclude any kind of danger. There's bound to be some complaints but a badly fitting fill valve is a bit different to the implied "It'll blow your hand off" statements.
    Moley, you should know about libel laws mate. Be careful.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Just remember what happened to the owner of GinB with a non Weihrauch HW100 cylinder!
    Just where did I say it was an A&M cylinder? I simply stated non Weihrauch.

Buyers of new guns should be aware that use of an A&M cylinder immediately voids the HW warranty for a start!

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    HW I understand supply Steels to comply with the laws of the land.
    The upside is good engineering except for the Mk1's which stipped the bot5les brass thread....now sorted.
    However the downside is the weight and the nose heavy feel which I personally dislike.
    I switched to a Venom from Steve Pope and perfectly happy.
    Also Steve is ace and any issues he is on it like a Lampreye in a blood bank.
    I do not have any concerns re safety of Venom/ FX cylinders.
    They are high pressure vessels and suitably tested to have a sufficient level of integrity for over pressure fills.
    I would be happy to buy anothe venom tube and happy to recommend them too.
    Cannot comment on A&M as never bought one.....but I have heard comments re quality before.
    Maybe a bit of reading between the lines is required here.
    I'm not really sure that they use steel to comply with law as other German brands like Feinwerkbau use aluminum. Though they do have to comply with their 10 year law. A lot of other places assume this 10 year rule even though its now actual law. Other company's that use aluminum like Morni say their cylinders are good for 20 years. I know a good number of people who have had their cylinders well over 10 years both steel and aluminum with no issues.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - Yildiz SPE-ME 12G - ATA SP Black 12G - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

Just where did I say it was an A&M cylinder? I simply stated non Weihrauch.

Buyers of new guns should be aware that use of an A&M cylinder immediately voids the HW warranty for a start!
    This is the case with ANY after market cylinder and almost ANY aftermarket component on ANY rifle.
    What's the matter moley? Ady put a flea in your ear?

Chris

This is the case with ANY after market cylinder and almost ANY aftermarket component on ANY rifle.

Chris
    My mate had a problem with his hw100 trigger.
    He sent it back to Air Gun Center and trigger block was replaced with brand new one.
    The gun had A&M cylinder on it and there was no question asked. Excellent service from AGC but the question is does after market cylinder affect the warranty on rest of the gun. I don't think so.

secretagentmole Guest

Chris
    Ady has not put a flea in my ear. In fact I owe Ady several fleas.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter 001 View Post
    My mate had a problem with his hw100 trigger.
    He sent it back to Air Gun Center and trigger block was replaced with brand new one.
    The gun had A&M cylinder on it and there was no question asked. Excellent service from AGC but the question is does after market cylinder affect the warranty on rest of the gun. I don't think so.
    If the problem was with the regulator or air supply then yes it damned well would! Also if someone was going to be picky at the Airgun Centre then yes they would have been well within their remit to say so as the gun had been modified outside of the OEM suppliers specifications. Luckily for your friend the AGC are very good!

Ady has not put a flea in my ear. In fact I owe Ady several fleas.
    That doesn't make sense I'm afraid.

Chris